CLUAS Writers: profile of Alan Morrissey's Profile
A native of Dublin but transplanted to the West Coast, Alan has now resided in lovely Limerick City for nigh on a decade. His infatuation with music began when he heard the opening bars of 'I Wanna Be Adored'. Never having heard something so unquantifiably amazing, he investigated the rest of that first Stone Roses record and was hooked. An obsession with Neil Young and art rockers Sonic Youth soon followed and before long he was delving as deep into the black hole that is music as he could. Knowing that his future lay in some shape or form in musicland he got into radio, presenting a show on Wired FM, Limerick student radio, for 2 years. After graduating from the University Of Limerick Alan made formative attempts at critiquing records, as well as bombarding radio stations the length and breadth of the nation with demos. After a brief dalliance with Clare FM doing a late night show, he now finds himself at Spin Southwest, where he keeps the good folks of that region updated with news and sports at the weekend.
- July 2007
Currently listening to...
- Bat For Lashes
- Fela Kuti
- Scottish Enlightenment
- Celtic Frost
- Pelican and other HydraHead/Relapse stuff...
- Stone Roses 'Stone Roses'
- Sonic Youth 'Daydream Nation'
- Neil Young 'Zuma'/'On The Beach'
- Tool 'Aenima'
- King Crimson 'Red'
- Devo 'Hot Potatoes'
- Deftones 'White Pony'
- Isis 'Oceanic'
- Mahavishnu Orchestra 'Inner Mounting Flame'
- XTC 'Fossil Fuels'
- Beatles 'White Album'/'Abbey Road'
- Led Zeppelin 'Physical Graffiti'
- Dazed & Confused
- Citizen Kane
- The Third Man
- and anything with Humphrey Bogart
Some of Alan's articles published on CLUAS:
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums 'Heartcore'
- Neil Young 'Live At Massey Hall'
- Levy 'Glorious'
- Josh Ritter 'The Historical Conquests Of'
- The Boggs 'Forts'
- Cass McCombs 'Dropping The Writ'