You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 812345 > >>
Author Messages
milkman
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
8/22/2006 7:27 PM
    so who's going? i'm hopefully going to see friday - pj harvey / amp fiddler / mogwai / devandra banhart / massive attack / anthony & the johnsons saturday - new order / bloc party / belle & sebastian / super furry animals / graham coxon / broken social scene / tilly & the wall / delorentos / tapes & tapes / sunday - yyy's / elbow / the rapture / hot chip / aberfieldy / giveamanakick any suggestions?
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/22/2006 7:50 PM
    I shall be there on sat and sun. only REALLY interested in seeing YYY, Bloc Party, Tapes and The Rapture. I´ll float around to other stuff I guess.
    iliketechno

--
    8/22/2006 8:21 PM
    nathan fake gonna go with the flow on the rest of the weekend i.e what my friends are doing so guessing YYY, Graham Coxon, Mogwai........ Its gonna be interesting because normally I am a I have to see everything person and dont mind going it alone around the gigs but not this year.
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/22/2006 9:46 PM
    The only band that I've never seen that I'm desperate to see that I've never seen is Mogwai. I'll flaot around for the rest of the weekedn checking out some cool stuff.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/23/2006 8:51 AM
    yes, going down. i've no real must-see bands so will be just floating from stage to stage. might even do along to hug some trees with damo rice. anyone care to join me?
    Man in a can
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/23/2006 9:23 AM
    Im going down on Friday morning but i havn't looked at the list yet to see the times, cant view the website in work. I wanna see Mogwai, Jape, Give a man a kick and Redneck Manifesto after that i`ll be happy to stroll around and have a look at anything. I am getting excited now though. Just looking at inflatable matresses in Lidl, they have some camping gear cheap this week if anyone needs some stuff.
    stroller
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/23/2006 10:57 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    REALLY interested in seeing YYY, Bloc Party, Tapes and The Rapture.
    I hate to break the bad news but Tapes'n'Tapes are no longer listed in the line up on the website. It looks like they've gone the way of Tom Vek, Os Mutantes and My Morning Jacket.
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/23/2006 11:06 AM
    RTE are meant to be showing coverage of the event on the Saturday and Sunday, only breaking for the Irish match and the news.
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/23/2006 11:17 AM
    they're still on the line-up stroller last time i checked
    comet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/23/2006 11:23 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by stroller I hate to break the bad news but Tapes'n'Tapes are no longer listed in the line up on the website.
    wtf? Edit
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    Yep, still on the line-up, don'#t do that stroller!!! lineup is thin enough without that
    comet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/23/2006 11:33 AM
    Heading up Friday morning i'd be hoping to see a high percentage of the following Fri Massive Attack/Damien Rice/Antony & the Johnsons/PJ Harvey/Mogwai/Devendra Banhart/Deus Sat Bloc Party/Belle & Sebastian/Super Furry Animals Graham Coxon/Yo La Tengo/David Kitt/Broken Social Scene/Jim Noir/The Boy Least Likely To/Tilly & the Wall/Tapes N Tapes/Laura Izibor/SFAs acoustic bingo .... looks like the Furries are playing 2 sets cool! Sun Pet Shop Boys/Basement Jaxx/Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Josh Ritter/Rufus Wainwright/Elbow/The Rapture/The Blue Nile/Amado & Mariam/Hot Chip/Richard Hawley/Alabama 3/The Earlies/King Creosote/Long Blondes/Semifinalists/The Russian Futurists
    ishrink
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/23/2006 12:14 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by iliketechno
    nathan fake
    you said it! album of the year so far. gig should be excellent. have you heard his essential mix for bbc? great stuff. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LUS8E6LV
    milkman
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/23/2006 1:33 PM
    how would a punter get down to this would you say? dublin bus?
    kramer

--
    8/23/2006 2:26 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by milkman
    ELECTRIC PICNIC 1st, 2nd & 3rd September Coaches Depart From Custom House Quay: Friday 10.00hrs To 19.00hrs (Hourly service from 1000 until 1500, thereafter on demand) Saturday 10.00hrs To 14.00hrs Returning immediately after concert on Sunday and again Monday morning 7am-12pm €25.00 Return Advance Booking Essential to Gaurantee Seat Tickets available at: Internet – www.buseireann.ie Information & Credit Card Bookings Ph (01) 8366111 Booking Office: Busarus, Store St., Dublin 1 Bus Eireann Desk - Tourist Office, Suffolk, St., Dublin 2
    comet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/23/2006 2:29 PM
    €25 not bad, bus from Cork is a total ripoff at €60
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/23/2006 2:40 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by milkman
    I'm going in my car, you can't have a lift.
    stroller
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/23/2006 2:50 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    Well they must have put it back up because I double checked the line up at 11.30 this morning and I couldn't find their name anywhere.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/23/2006 3:54 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by stroller
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    Well they must have put it back up because I double checked the line up at 11.30 this morning and I couldn't find their name anywhere.
    theyre playing the Foggy Notions stage - theyre still on the line-up Os Mutantes - have been on and off the line-up every time i've looked. hope they play!
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/23/2006 4:14 PM
    Just checked my tent this afternoon, no mould (ah, Glastonbury '03, I can still smell the tent I was sleeping in), all pegs and supports accounted for. I'm all set.
    jaypers

--
    8/23/2006 5:08 PM
    is it true one of the tents got pulled? The one with Sickboy etc.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 812345 > >>