The CLUAS Readers
Their top 30 albums of 2007
The full top 30 below is based on a poll of the CLUAS Readers that took place during the last 2 months of 2007.
- Readers could vote for between 3 and 10 albums from a shortlist of 40 albums.
- A total of 304 readers cast eligible votes (and in so doing expressed 1443 preferences for the albums on the short list)
Some email and web based campaigns were initiated to encourage people to vote for some of the 8 Irish acts on the shortlist. You can draw your own conclusions from the results below about which 'get the vote out' campaigns were most successful...
From the same pool of votes we have prepared the Top 30 non-Irish Albums of 2007 voted by the CLUAS Readers.
We are not barmy enough to think that the list below represents some definitive summary of the best of 2007. It's all just a bit of fun and all that.
The Top 30 Albums of 2007 (as chosen by the CLUAS Readers)
- Radiohead 'In Rainbows'
- Mumblin' Deaf Ro 'The Herring And The Brine' (Irish)
- Arcade Fire 'Neon Bible'
- Future Kings of Spain 'Nervousystem' (Irish)
- The National 'Boxer'
- A Lazarus Soul 'Graveyard of Burnt Out Cars' (Irish)
- The Kings Of Leon 'Because Of The Times'
- LCD Soundsystem 'Sound Of Silver'
- Headgear 'Flight Cases' (Irish)
- Interpol 'Our love to admire'
- Battles 'Mirrored'
- The Shins 'Wincing The Night Away'
- Nina Hynes 'Really Really Do' (Irish)
- Feist 'The Reminder'
- PJ Harvey 'White Chalk'
- Panda Bear 'Person Pitch'
- Animal Collective 'Strawberry Jam'
- Modest Mouse 'We Were Dead Before the Ship Sank'
- Cathy Davey 'Tales of Silversleeve' (Irish)
- Bruce Springsteen 'Magic'
- Wilco 'Sky Blue Sky'
- Robert Plant and Alison Krauss 'Raining Sands'
- God Is An Astronaut 'Far From Refuge' (Irish)
- Iron and Wine 'The Shepherd's Dog'
- MIA 'Kala'
- Damien Dempsey 'To Hell Or Barbados' (Irish)
- Of Montreal 'Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?'
- Low 'Drums and Guns'
- Mark Ronson 'Version'
- Explosions In The Sky 'All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone'