Discussion Forums

PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 11/7/2007 9:44 AM by  Peejay
PJ Harvey in the Olympia. Who the f##k knew?
 12 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Quint
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
11/6/2007 4:41 AM
    No standing tickets left, just crappy seats in the stalls/circle. Where the hell did this come out of? No advance word or nothing. Maybe if it was announced at least a week before tickets went on sale then we might have a chance to get decent tickets? Plus they seem overpriced. Remaining tickets in stalls/circle are over 70 euro including charges. I know she is a big-name artist and all but so are Wilco, possibly even more so, and their tickets are 25 euro less. But why was it announced at such short notice?
    Ally
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/6/2007 4:45 AM
    there were no standing tickets... all seated...

it is one of only two european dates announced, the other being in paris...

it is far too expensive but i have my ticket...

i knew about it...

Quint
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/6/2007 5:15 AM
    Where did you hear about it? Now I'm interested, regardless of the cost. But they still should have promoted it more in advance, rather than just announcing it out of the blue.

Ally
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/6/2007 5:34 AM
    from a friend... it was announced one week ago... there have been adverts although there was admittedly some f**k-up between ticketmaster and mcd... originally supposed to go on sale last friday...

...as an aside, i like when gigs are thrown upon us unannounced... it usually means more fans and less touts and talkers get the tickets...

...can be annoying though when you genuinely miss someone you love...
    stinasfan

--
    11/6/2007 5:44 AM
    What's with the mcd newsletter though? I don't listen to the local radio stations so rely on the promoter's newsletters and keeping an eye on ticketmaster, yet frequently they make no mention of concerts until they've already gone on sale.

As for the cost of these tickets, it's very excessive and I'm more stupid for having just paid it.
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/6/2007 5:50 AM
    Last time she played here the tickets worked out a lot cheaper for me to go see her play in Belfast than Dublin - accommodation there was cheaper too.
    Quint
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/6/2007 6:10 AM
    Posted By Ally on 06 Nov 2007 5:34 AM
    from a friend... it was announced one week ago... there have been adverts although there was admittedly some f**k-up between ticketmaster and mcd... originally supposed to go on sale last friday...

...as an aside, i like when gigs are thrown upon us unannounced... it usually means more fans and less touts and talkers get the tickets...

What adverts? None in The Ticket, Sunday Indo, Event Guide, etc etc...no word of it on any blog, strangely the man 'in-the-know' the great Jim Carroll of On The Record had no mention of it either, which is really surprising. Maybe it was advertised on the radio but I I never listen to radio...but I agree that it can be good sometimes that real fans get the tickets so that the touts and those f~~~~~~g talkers (grrrrrr!) are kept out. Anyway, don't know what to do here..I'm a massive fan but the last time I saw her in Olympia in 05 was a disappointing gig, and the tickets are overpriced, but I would love to hear stuff from 'White Chalk' live, etc....hmmmmm.
    Ally
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/6/2007 6:20 AM
    Posted By Quint on 06 Nov 2007 6:10 AM

What adverts? None in The Ticket, Sunday Indo, Event Guide, etc etc...no word of it on any blog, strangely the man 'in-the-know' the great Jim Carroll of On The Record had no mention of it either, which is really surprising. Maybe it was advertised on the radio but I I never listen to radio...but I agree that it can be good sometimes that real fans get the tickets so that the touts and those f~~~~~~g talkers (grrrrrr!) are kept out. Anyway, don't know what to do here..I'm a massive fan but the last time I saw her in Olympia in 05 was a disappointing gig, and the tickets are overpriced, but I would love to hear stuff from 'White Chalk' live, etc....hmmmmm.

sure jim carroll only copies stuff off music message boards...

...i don't know what ads... maybe none... but my friend knew somehow as did about 1,000 other people who had bought tickets by 9.05 this morning...

i f**kin' hate mcd and ticketbastard anyway... can i go on another rant about supporting your independent music promoters and finding better music at the same time?...

please?
    jan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/6/2007 3:04 PM

sure jim carroll only copies stuff off music message boards...

...i don't know what ads... maybe none... but my friend knew somehow as did about 1,000 other people who had bought tickets by 9.05 this morning...

i f**kin' hate mcd and ticketbastard anyway... can i go on another rant about supporting your independent music promoters and finding better music at the same time?...

please?

do go on....
    John Doe
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/7/2007 8:08 AM
    I was listening to Phantom the morning they went on sale and they announced it about an hour beforehand. I don't think that was an arranged thing, just the DJ deciding to do Phantom listeners a favour.
    rockchicklet

--
    11/7/2007 8:31 AM

no word of it on any blog, strangely the man 'in-the-know' the great Jim Carroll of On The Record had no mention of it either, which is really surprising. .

well, this discussion http://www.ireland.com/blogs/ontherecord/2007/11/06/is-pj-harvey-worth-6480-euro/ has been running on jim carroll's blog since yesterday morning, the same time the gig was confirmed and announced.
    Ally
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/7/2007 8:34 AM
    Posted By rockchicklet on 07 Nov 2007 8:31 AM

no word of it on any blog, strangely the man 'in-the-know' the great Jim Carroll of On The Record had no mention of it either, which is really surprising. .

well, this discussion http://www.ireland.com/blogs/ontherecord/2007/11/06/is-pj-harvey-worth-6480-euro/ has been running on jim carroll's blog since yesterday morning, the same time the gig was confirmed and announced.

libel!
    Peejay
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/7/2007 9:44 AM
    I'm not a big PJ fan, so this time round I can skip the whole moral dilemma of whether to pay a pointlessly inflated price to see a favourite.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.