You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
Gar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
9/20/2006 2:26 PM
    Yep that's the title of his new album, due out on 3rd of November. Here's the tracklisting for it: 1. 9 Crimes 2. The Animals Were Gone 3. Elephant 4. Rootless Tree 5. Dogs 6. Coconut Skins 7. Me, My Yoke And I 8. Grey Room 9. Accidental Babies 10. Sleep Don't Weep
    Mully
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/20/2006 2:40 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gar
    Yep that's the title of his new album, due out on 3rd of November. Here's the tracklisting for it: 1. 9 Crimes 2. The Animals Were Gone 3. Elephant 4. Rootless Tree 5. Dogs 6. Coconut Skins 7. Me, My Yoke And I 8. Grey Room 9. Accidental Babies 10. Sleep Don't Weep
    After all this time, he still uses a Juniper song (Me, My Yoke And I)
    dera
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/20/2006 3:11 PM
    I even hate the song names. Is that possible?
    Padre Cruz

--
    9/20/2006 3:14 PM
    Very possible Dera, my initial reaction too. '9 crimes' but 10 songs - which one is innocent?
    comet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/20/2006 3:21 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Padre Cruz
    Very possible Dera, my initial reaction too. '9 crimes' but 10 songs - which one is innocent?
    Accidental Babies is surely the innocent
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/20/2006 3:37 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by comet
    quote:
    Accidental Babies is surely the innocent
    haaaaaaahaaaaaa
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/20/2006 4:02 PM
    Where's Rev Jules to wade in with an unfunny diatribe against Mr Rice? This thread's been here a whole 90 minutes! He's losing it.
    Mully
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/20/2006 4:39 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by ctrlaltdelete
    Where's Rev Jules to wade in with an unfunny diatribe against Mr Rice? This thread's been here a whole 90 minutes! He's losing it.
    Seeing as the frames are floating his boat these days, maybe he's off tapping his foot to 'O' ...
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/20/2006 5:28 PM
    quote:
    9 Crimes alright.Call the cops!! The humour-free, pretentious egomaniac is back to make our lives a misery for the foreseeable future. '9'?? What the f**k is that supposed to mean? Yes, Dera I agree.It is possible to even hate the song-names especially when they are as ludicrous as 'Coconut Skins', 'Dogs' 'The Animals Were Gone' 'Me, My Yoke and I' WHAT????!!!! Oh Dear.
    Norman Schwarzkopf
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/20/2006 5:45 PM
    Ah here, this is a bit mad. I dont like the man's work but let's let him release the thing before tearing him apart, eh? How is "Dogs" a bad song title? It's one word! Is it somehow a worse word than "Maps" or "Mysteries"? Was anyone complaining about the album name "Seven Stabs" by the Rednecks?? If he called it "Damien Rice", there'd probably be something wrong with that too!
    jmc105
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/20/2006 6:13 PM
    i dunno, i used to like the way people took the piss out of damien rice and 'o', but then they just started milking it. i mean, two years is a long time to keep going around taking the piss out of the same songs, get up off your comfy backside and come up with some new stuff already! so i for one am glad that '9' is finally due for release - already we have a whole new genre of rice-bashing, and all we've seen is the tracklisting! it's great, and so refreshing!
    mp3hugger

--
    9/20/2006 6:30 PM
    Hate to throw Cold Water (!) on this thread of disdain but I actually quite like his music. I listened to O (9, so where is 1, 2, 3...) hoping it would be terrible but found I grew to love the little monkey and his meandering warbling.
    Garret
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/20/2006 6:46 PM
    I liked O
    blackmarker

--
    9/20/2006 7:15 PM
    I'd say most people liked O when it first came out (about 10 years ago) but when you've got near every acoustic trouba-DOUR in the country hatcheting the songs there's only so much you can take. Plus, the whiff of pretension off the guy is unbearable these days...says he's got to be 'in' the song live ie. having a constipated face, extending the words and boring us all to tears. I remember the rumour of that Frames song 'Fake' being about Rice. I thought that was hilarious...just the image of Hansard kickin in Rice's front door...'where are ye, ye FAKE ye...leave my bird alone!!'
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/20/2006 7:27 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Mully
    quote:
    Originally posted by ctrlaltdelete
    Seeing as the frames are floating his boat these days, maybe he's off tapping his foot to 'O' ...
    You called ? I am not listening to the frames, I am listening to one of their songs and no, do not blaspheme, there is nothing that would make me change my mind about ricecakes, watch this space.
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/20/2006 9:11 PM
    It actually took me a while to figure out if Gars post was a joke or if those were in fact the real track titles. I'm not kidding. For some bizzare reason, the mention of Coconut skins has that "kimberly, mikado, coconut creams.." jingle going round in my head now, dammit.
    yoshimi

--
    9/20/2006 11:55 PM
    I liked O too. Maybe he's annoying, but I think the music is pretty beautiful. ais.
    May-Kay

--
    9/21/2006 9:07 AM
    I didnt completely hate him until himself and his band of tofu rebels took over electric picnic and played at least 327 sets. On the album. . . il reserve judgement til i hear (im not gona lie tho, i DONT have an open mind about it)!!
    dummyrun

--
    9/21/2006 9:15 AM
    Maybe the guy just had a really bad case of writers block and he didnt wanna release something that he wasnt happy with! What does everyone care how long he spends writing an album? I liked '0' but when I got sick of it, I just stopped playing it. I didnt start chasing Mr. Rice down the street, kickin at his heels, taunting him 'wheres the new stuff Damo? huh??'. Im sure part of the reason he became a musician was to avoid the stress of your everyday jobs.. deadlines etc... Who are all you? His Record Company? Hes not asking anything of you but to sit and entertain yourselves with whatever music tickles your fancy and if a new album NEVER came about, then atleast he had 1 good 1! I havn't heard the new stuff and it may well be muck, but slaggin off the song titles is a bit pointless! And didnt most say that they liked '0' anyway? Then there should be nothing to complain about.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/21/2006 9:31 AM
    all hail the Cluas begrudgers - if anyone else took swipes at an artist and an an album BEFORE THE DAMN THING WAS EVEN RELEASED, there would be threads full of outrage and hurt. poor old damo rice - all he did was sell a couple of million copies of his album abroad and not have to rely on irish audiences for hi supper. lets wait until "9" is released, shall we, before unleashing the dogs.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>