You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
Una
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
2/15/2006 3:47 PM
    so the Who and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are headlining. Other acts include (so far): Arctic Monkeys Primal Scream Sigur Ross Kaiser Chiefs Ordinary Boys Slam Felix Da Housecat
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    2/15/2006 3:55 PM
    I was thinking yesterday that The Who might headline. But the best thing about Oxegen is usually the New Band Stage so we'll see how good that is when announced.
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/15/2006 4:18 PM
    Are the Chilli Peppers not sick pf playing ireland... And are the gig going public not sick of seeing em. Hardly an original choice for a headline slot
    Damien
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/15/2006 4:22 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers are headlining.
    BORING Never been to oxygen or wittness choices like that wouldn't convince me to start.
    sixer

--
    2/15/2006 4:45 PM
    You can add Franz Ferdinand to that line up for T in the Park ..er I mean Oxegen.
    nerraw
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/15/2006 4:46 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Damien
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers are headlining.
    BORING Never been to oxygen or wittness choices like that wouldn't convince me to start.
    You're missing out if you never went. Great weekend guaranteed. But I agree about chillipeppers, they've headlined about 5 open air gigs in the last 6 years or so. How close is oxegen & Epicnic to selling out? they are constantly in the "hot" tickets section in ticketbastard.
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/15/2006 7:14 PM
    BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, apart from the God-like Sigur Ros. I only went to Witnness once and that was to see Mogwai only, I left after their set finished...God I hate Oxegen.
    nerraw
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/16/2006 11:43 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Antistar
    BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, BORING, apart from the God-like Sigur Ros. I only went to Witnness once and that was to see Mogwai only, I left after their set finished...God I hate Oxegen.
    You are so cool.
    Damien
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/16/2006 11:46 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by nerraw
    quote:
    Originally posted by Antistar
    You are so cool.
    ZING! ha ha ha
    Mully
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/16/2006 1:57 PM
    TM is saying there is a Presale on the 24th of Feb. Any idea what it is & how it works ?
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/16/2006 2:22 PM
    Poxygen is full of random reprobate scum and topless boggers wearing straw stetsuns. That said when I went some years ago it was good fun. I'd only go again if i got a free ticket. So many better/cheaper/less rancid festivals both here and abroad worth discovering.
    melvin cokane

--
    2/16/2006 3:18 PM
    couldnt agree more, electric picnic is streets ahead, as for brit festivals and other foreign fetsivals....doesnt even register.... too many scum bags and general mullah degenerates aswe=ll as hired goons in high vis vests.... new band stage is however usually great for spotting up and comers.... the chili peppers though? i'd rather chew glass thanks...they were s**te live in their hey day and are still s**te live...damien is spot on...borrrinnngg......
    off the post
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/16/2006 3:21 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by ctrlaltdelete
    Poxygen is full of random reprobate scum and topless boggers wearing straw stetsuns.
    Practice what you preach, f**king hypocrite.
    Mully
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/16/2006 3:33 PM
    For f**ks sake ... They've announced 7 acts ... SEVEN, of 107 !! I think Oxegen is grand, room for improvement, but grand. Yeah there are alot of idiots, but guess what, Idiots are easy to spot. So I ignore them, they're at the main stage & dance tents so I generally dont be around them. When I compare the Lineups of Oxe & EP, Oxe has more of what I want to see. So Shoot me.
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/16/2006 4:12 PM
    Practice what you preach, f**king hypocrite. Your generalisations were ill formed and stupid, whereas mine were, yeah exaggerated, but have more than a kernal of truth. Oxygen caters for the lowest common denominator of music fan - people who just want to get ball-bagged for the weekend, and hear something they heard on the radio. I'm not saying that's what everyone who goes there does, but that's it's target audience. And it's good fun. But once is enough, for me anyways.
    mutch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/16/2006 4:43 PM
    it only took one foreign festival last year to convince me never to go to another oxygen. good food, good smoke, nice atmosphere, reasonable beer, great weather, no scum security gaurds. the security gaurds at the irish fesivals make me laugh, one year i noticed a whole gang from my home town, all of who were fairly dodgy,( as in,say, kick the teeth from your head for a laugh dodgy!). foreign festival was miles ahead of witness/oxygen. (even though one of us was held up at gunpoint en route, it was STILL better) never been to EP but you lot here are always positive about it so gonna brave the fields of laois this year i think. (will i need wellies?!)
    nerraw
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/16/2006 5:19 PM
    Oxegen is full of skangers, but would anyone from cluas really bump into them at the stages? Agree with security guards at irish festivals, absolute w**kers. Dancing, for them, is a sign of trouble and 8 or more will immediately surround you. That;s what happened me and the gf :lol Oxegen is what is, some good bands, s**te beer, bit of good weather and a good laugh. Had the pleasure of going to glasto last year, amazing festival and such a good atmosphere. But I would still go to oxegen.
    off the post
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/17/2006 8:45 AM
    quote:
    Your generalisations were ill formed and stupid, whereas mine were, yeah exaggerated, but have more than a kernal of truth. Oxygen caters for the lowest common denominator of music fan - people who just want to get ball-bagged for the weekend, and hear something they heard on the radio. I'm not saying that's what everyone who goes there does, but that's it's target audience. And it's good fun. But once is enough, for me anyways. So it's ok for you to generalise people as "reprobate scum and topless boggers wearing straw stetsuns" but my opinions are ill-informed and stupid? You're a clown.
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/17/2006 1:09 PM
    arguing on the internet is gay. let's just live and let live. peas.
    off the post
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/17/2006 1:22 PM
    quote:
    arguing on the internet is gay. let's just live and let live. peas.
    Yeah ok.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>