You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
Dromed
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
11/22/2005 10:02 AM
    http://www.mcd.ie/meteorawards/votin...php?continue=1 Best Irish DJ : PUBLIC VOTE Alison Curtis Ray D'Arcy Tom Dunne Damien Farrelly Larry Gogan Jenny Huston Best Irish Band : PUBLIC VOTE BellX1 The Chalets The Corrs Hal Turn U2 Best Irish Male : PUBLIC VOTE Joe Chester Dave Couse Damien Dempsey Tommy Fleming Christy Moore John Spillane Best Irish Female: PUBLIC VOTE Mary Black Gemma Hayes Roisin Murphy Sinead O'Connor Sharon Shannon Claire Sproule Best Irish Album: BellX1 - "Flock" Dave Couse and the Impossible - "The World Should Know" Damien Dempsey - "Shots" Frank and Walters - "Souvenirs" Turn - "Turn" U2 - "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" Best Irish Pop Act: PUBLIC VOTE Conway Sisters Ronan Keating Brian McFadden Tabby Westlife Zoo Best International Male Beck Jamie Cullum David Gray Jack Johnson Rufus Wainwright Kayne West Best International Female Tracy Chapman Kelly Clarkson Alicia Keys Katie Melua Gwen Stefani KT Tunstall Best Folk/Trad Altan Kila Lasairfhiona Christy Moore Sharon Shannon John Spillane Best International Album Anthony and the Johnsons - "I Am A Bird Now" Coldplay - "X & Y" Depeche Mode - "Playing the Angel" Mylo - "Destroy Rock and Roll" The Arcade Fire - "Funeral" The Kaiser Chiefs - "The Kaiser Chiefs Employment" Best Live Performance: Public Vote Coldplay - Marlay Park Flaming Lips - Electric Picnic Green Day - Oxegen Elton John - RDS Scissor Sisters - Lansdowne Road U2 - Croke Park Best International Group Franz Ferdinand Gorillaz Kaiser Chiefs pu**ycat Dolls The Arcade Fire White Stripes Best Irish New Act 8 Ball Humanzi Leya Red Organ Serpent Sound The Immediate Delorentos
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11/22/2005 10:18 AM
    Eoghans gotta sort that swear filter, I thawt I thaw a puttycat doll!
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/22/2005 10:31 AM
    Ok well just cause I'm bored and I feel like it here what I shall be voting for....If I bother. Best Irish DJ - Alison Curtis Best Irish Band (Jeaysus what a choice) - The Chalets.. only cause I HATE the others more. Best Irish Male - Joe Chester Best Irish Female - Roisin Murphy Best Irish Album - Dave Couse Best Irish Pop Act - f**k Off Best Int Male - Beck Best Int Female - Gwen Steffani Best Folk/Trad - ? Best Int Album - Arcade Fire Best Live Performance - The Flaming Lips @ Leccy Piccy (HANDS DOWN!) Best Int Group - Arcade Fire Best Irish Act - Humanzi
    Carlsberg
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/22/2005 11:21 AM
    Best Irish Pop Act!?!?? Conway Sisters - On The X Factor = How does that make a best Irish Pop Act singing Covers!? Ronan Keating - No releases in ages, why he even in contention!? Brian McFadden - WHAT!?!?! Tabby - ok starting to spot the X factor system here, maybe i underestimated his current single! Westlife - surely they should just get the award now, why wait like!? Zoo - Not been for ages but I here its really gone down hill - In fact if you combined the Monkeys on Bass, Seal on wailing, Polar(bears..arf arf..) on guitars and let the Eels keep tempo you'd probably get a better sound then all of the above!
    aidan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/22/2005 11:49 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by benni
    Best Irish Band (Jeaysus what a choice) - The Chalets.. only cause I HATE the others more.
    - that's the spirit!!!!
    Damien
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/22/2005 1:18 PM
    Events like these are why we *need* Islamic fundamentalism. Or any sort for that matter.
    bud

--
    11/22/2005 1:57 PM
    Is it me or does the inclusion of the Conway Sisters seriously undermine what ounce of credibility that the Meteors once held ever so slightly to!!! I mean, will they even be around in 2006! Lets hope not.
    jaypers

--
    11/22/2005 2:05 PM
    I know its a absolute joke11 Id really like to see the boys from Humanzi take that best newcomer award all the same.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/22/2005 2:08 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by bud
    Is it me or does the inclusion of the Conway Sisters seriously undermine what ounce of credibility that the Meteors once held ever so slightly to!!! I mean, will they even be around in 2006! Lets hope not.
    which, the conways or the Meteors?? anyway, who really takes awards seriously who nominate a 2004 album release (U2) in the Album of the Year category? Or who, as benni points out, dont have any room for the Arcade Fire @ Electric Picnic? and who the hell decides these anyway? it looks like the MCD annual dinner dance to me
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11/22/2005 2:09 PM
    I quite like Humanzi but I'd vote for Delorentos to scoop the Newcomer Award
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/22/2005 2:15 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pilchard
    quote:
    Originally posted by bud
    which, the conways or the Meteors?? anyway, who really takes awards seriously who nominate a 2004 album release (U2) in the Album of the Year category? Or who, as benni points out, dont have any room for the Arcade Fire @ Electric Picnic? and who the hell decides these anyway? it looks like the MCD annual dinner dance to me
    Of course it is man Its probably the most laughed at awards show in the history of the world! Ah seriously tho... it is f**king s**te. We all know we'd all do a much better and more informed job. But what *CAN* ya do... M-O-A-N!!!!!
    jaypers

--
    11/22/2005 2:16 PM
    Id have to disagree with you their wholeheartedly gar. Humanzi are a breath of fresh air for Dublin! They just ooze energy! Delorentos are doin their thing aswell and seem to be a really hardworkin band and fair dues to them but i think it would just be great to see a band like Humanzi given recognition like this. Its something new and fresh and original and it would be great for the Irish scene for them to scoop this gong!
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/22/2005 2:19 PM
    yea its gotta be Humanzi for me for that one just seein them perform at the TMBC a few weeks back ...compared to a lot of Irish stuff they really are in their own league in terms of performance, songs, stage presence. Yea they pretty much had that crowd nailed in seconds.
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/22/2005 2:21 PM
    Best Irish Album: U2 - "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" But they won the award LAST year for this album didnt they ?? ..that just dont make sense
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11/22/2005 2:22 PM
    I do agree that Humanzi are an exciting new band, and I like them alot. Doesn't really matter who wins these awards as they don't mean much. But personally, I'd just vote for Delorentos.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/22/2005 3:06 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by klootfan
    Best Irish Album: U2 - "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" But they won the award LAST year for this album didnt they ?? ..that just dont make sense
    nah, they didnt win it - twas Coldpl... sorry Snow Patrol http://www.meteor.ie/about/MIMA.html
    milkman
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/22/2005 3:22 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by jaypers
    Id have to disagree with you their wholeheartedly gar. Humanzi are a breath of fresh air for Dublin! They just ooze energy! Delorentos are doin their thing aswell and seem to be a really hardworkin band and fair dues to them but i think it would just be great to see a band like Humanzi given recognition like this. Its something new and fresh and original and it would be great for the Irish scene for them to scoop this gong!
    humanzi aren't original. they're great performers, and exciting to watch, but they're not original.
    Mully
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/22/2005 3:23 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pilchard
    who really takes awards seriously who nominate a 2004 album release (U2) in the Album of the Year category?
    Thems the rules ... '... Atomic Bomb' was releeased after the closing date for last years awards, hence its nominated now. Only albums released between this date & that, are elligible. Simple. Reminds me of Mobys 'Play' album at the Brits. It was such a sleeper hit, that by the time it had seeped into every accountants collection, it was considered too old, by the rules of the competition.
    Steeplejack

--
    11/22/2005 5:35 PM
    Like to see HUMANZI do well just because they have talent, the rest is beyond awful. Best Irish Male is like a geriatric ward on a Monday morning. SJ
    Mar

--
    11/22/2005 6:43 PM
    The only award i'd be really interested in seeing is the new Irish act,i think im right in saying that all the other bands besides Leya are from Dublin which is unfortunately not suprising.....
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>