46 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
indiecater

--
11/1/2005 11:46 AM
    We can hold our heads up high until these gombeens open their mouths.. Sinead O'Connor Glen Hansard Julian Gough Any others?
    Norman Schwarzkopf
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/1/2005 11:57 AM
    Pardon my ignorance but who's Julian Gough? Am I better off not knowing?
    akablue

--
    11/1/2005 11:59 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by indiecater
    We can hold our heads up high until these gombeens open their mouths.. Sinead O'Connor Glen Hansard Julian Gough Any others?
    Gobs**tus Maximus.....
    indiecater

--
    11/1/2005 12:07 PM
    Julian Gough is/was the lead singer with Toasted Heretic (well meaning sod living in the land of cringe).
    Norman Schwarzkopf
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/1/2005 12:19 PM
    Oh God yes! I had to edit a Toasted Heretic thing for Last Broadcast a few months back. What a pillock. Reminds me of several people I went to school with. Entirely slappable.
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11/1/2005 1:33 PM
    Westlife, all the others mentioned are just embarrassing for themselves, that lot shame us as a nation.
    off the post
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/1/2005 1:39 PM
    Louis Walsh? Nuff said.
    jaypers

--
    11/1/2005 1:42 PM
    Brian McFathead
    Norman Schwarzkopf
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/1/2005 2:00 PM
    Any of you have had the misfortune to see Dustin & Chris DeBurgh doin Patrica The Stripper? DeBurgh must be one the most cringeworthy musicians anywhere, let alone our fair isle.
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/1/2005 2:13 PM
    deBurgh would make you fear for your personal safety..cerrrrreeeeeppyy
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/1/2005 2:32 PM
    depends on your definion of embarrasing...... i find Dave Fanning to be colossally embarrasing, especially when u remember how brilliant he once was. now, he sounds as if he is just phoning it in. others who make me wish they'd go off and boil their heads include: Steve Wall Ollie Cole The Revs (collectively and individually) Whoever books the music for RTE shows like The Late Late and Tubridy Tonight
    akablue

--
    11/1/2005 2:41 PM
    Picturehouse. And that sweaty fat farmer with the comb over who sang (hilariously) Aon Fhocail...with a gang of kids. Very disturbing not to say embarrassing. I mean what the f*&k was that about? He's the poster child for why first cousins should never pro create.
    Damien
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/1/2005 2:54 PM
    Has Geldof been mentioned yet? I'm not sure how I'd react if I heard his spirit crushing, low pitched drone up close.
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/1/2005 4:10 PM
    Ah I love Geldof, I know he comes across as being a bit Po faced and so very pc but I'm pretty moved by what he has to say most of the time and I find his dry-humour hilarious. I find Bono on the other hand a bit cringe inducing. I know it's ridiculous to cite Geldof as an inspiration and Bono as an embarassment but I find I genuinely believe in what Geldof is trying to do and can't help thinking Bono's political activities are a bit too sanctimonious and self-publicising - don't know why - just get two distinctly different feelings from them both. Is it just PR???
    Damien
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/1/2005 4:46 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dromed
    Ah I love Geldof, I know he comes across as being a bit Po faced and so very pc but I'm pretty moved by what he has to say most of the time and I find his dry-humour hilarious. I find Bono on the other hand a bit cringe inducing. I know it's ridiculous to cite Geldof as an inspiration and Bono as an embarassment but I find I genuinely believe in what Geldof is trying to do and can't help thinking Bono's political activities are a bit too sanctimonious and self-publicising - don't know why - just get two distinctly different feelings from them both. Is it just PR???
    All good points. Still brimming over with hatred though.
    pvc

--
    11/1/2005 5:25 PM
    Conor and Pork! Fox Rox.
    Archie
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/1/2005 6:34 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pilchard
    depends on your definion of embarrasing...... i find Dave Fanning to be colossally embarrasing, especially when u remember how brilliant he once was. now, he sounds as if he is just phoning it in. others who make me wish they'd go off and boil their heads include: Steve Wall Ollie Cole The Revs (collectively and individually) Whoever books the music for RTE shows like The Late Late and Tubridy Tonight
    Nah, I still like Dave Fanning, though I can see where you're coming from. His shows are still enjoyable (but who am I to talk I never listen to the radio anyway). Not so sure about Steve Wall, but aargh Ollie Cole.
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/1/2005 9:03 PM
    Ollie Cole: couldn't write a decent tune if it came and slapped his pinched, miserable little Kells face! Glan Hansard: need we say more!
    Karlito
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/2/2005 3:06 AM
    Right well - I always hear people, especially Irish Artists being dogged on the site, but what about the people that you're proud of? To keep on topic, yeah, the most embarrassing thing i think has definitley got to be the boybands thing. Fair play to anyone else who at least gets up and attempts something for themselves. Go Mickey Joe!!!
    akablue

--
    11/2/2005 8:15 AM
    Ronan Keating....in fairness, fair play. Embarrassing doesn't even begin to cover it
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>