You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
klootfan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
7/5/2005 12:14 PM
    So, like a bucket load of other people, im off to oxegen this weekend. Now, im not a newbie to this whole oxegen/witnness thing, been every year since it started. But what im looking for is recommendations as to which bands are worth catching in on the New Band Stage or the Ticket Stage. While im familiar with a good few of the bands listed, id like suggestions from people as to who they reckon would be worth catchin. Ill try check them out then. im not looking for the "Worst Line up Ever" comments. Cheers
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/5/2005 1:13 PM
    ok ill be hoping to check out a few of these and thus recommend to ya... (Sticking to the smaller stages..) Saturday Ticket Stage; Departure, Eagles of Death Metal, Echo and the Bunnymen, Bravery, Bloc Party Green Room; Bright Eyes, Interpol Dance Stage; Mylo, Black Strobe New Band Stage; Director, Mainline, The Black Velvets, The Tears Sunday Ticket Stage; Maximo Park, New Order Green Room; The Futureheads Dance Tent; Infadels, Jacques Lu Conte, Deep Dish, LCD Soundsystem New Band Tent; Humanzi, Tom Vek, Editors, Death From Above 1979, The Magic Numbers On a side note - isnt the ticket stage now called the NME stage? Anyway I'll be trying to squeeze in as many of those as poss. Seen most before and coming back for more... hey that rhymes!
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/5/2005 1:27 PM
    Oxegen, Ugh!!! Roll on Electric Picnic....!
    mannaman

--
    7/5/2005 1:31 PM
    Hi Kloot fan Few ideas which could be the unsung highlights of the festival Saturday in the Green Room you have Bright Eyes and on Sunday you have Josh Rouse - both immense song writers and fabulous live performers On Saturday on the New Band Stage I would check out Red Organ Serpent Sound from Derry - they are a crazy live act - costumes, energy in abundance and great sing along tunes that should ear mark them for a lot of success not just in Ireland this year! On Sunday Leya from Belfast play the Ticket Stage - people on this forum already know my affection for the band - check out their new single All on the Black to give you a flavour of what to expect - http://artists.cpu.ie/bands/186 HOPE YOU ENJOY!!! I KNOW I WILL!!
    LooseFir

--
    7/5/2005 1:41 PM
    I reckon The Go Team on Saturday will be the business. I presume this is inside in a tent yeh? That will make it even better, James Brown on Sunday too will be great
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/5/2005 1:49 PM
    I heard their gig in The Village a while back was awful though so I may pass on them. Oh and being a Kloot fan, Klootfan, you should prob check out mycodenameis:milo; they're along the same lines if my memory serves me correctly.
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/5/2005 1:59 PM
    Excellent stuff there folks. Theres a lot to choose from at oxegen this year ( lets not start that thread again) so having peoples recomendations help Cheers
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/5/2005 2:55 PM
    Highlight of the weekend has to be Death in Vegas, Unbelievable live
    LooseFir

--
    7/5/2005 3:45 PM
    The only thing awful about the village gig was the crowd. I didnt know mycodenameis:milo were similar to the brilliant i am kloot, must check them out too
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/5/2005 4:05 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by spurtacus
    Went to Witnness in 2003 specifically to see Mogwai and Death in Vegas, Mogwai were mindblowing of course. Then went to see Death In Vegas only to be greeted by Richard Fearless doing a crappy dance set, unttterly devoid of any material from Contino Sessions, etc... So be careful!
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/5/2005 4:10 PM
    As far as i can remember they are.... if i got it totally wrong do not hang/draw/quater me etc etc.
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/5/2005 4:14 PM
    Oooooooooooooh ykno what i just got that soooo f**king wrong! In fact as a testament to how wrong i am I will not edit my posts above and let it stand so when you hear both bands you may enjoy a hearty laugh at my expense!! I cant remember who the band is tho - that sound like mycodenameis:milo - has a K in the name too..hmmm random.
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    7/5/2005 9:19 PM
    These are the acts I'm hoping to see this coming weekend: Saturday The Gurriers Director 747s Nine Black Alps Kaiser Chiefs Razorlight Blue Van Black Velvets Bright Eyes Bloc Party Interpol Ian Brown Sunday Leya The Blizzards Leaves Jackson United Audioslave Humanzi Tom Vek Editors Republic Of Loose Futureheads The LAs Magic Numbers Brendan Benson James Brown - It will require alot of scuttling between stages but got to see over 20 acts last year so it can be done. Looking forward to Republic Of Loose, Interpol, Magic Numbers and 747s the most.
    Richie

--
    7/6/2005 8:29 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by benni
    I cant remember who the band is tho - that sound like mycodenameis:milo - has a K in the name too..hmmm random.
    I've never heard the Kloot boyos so I wouldn't know about about comparisons, but yourcodenameis:milo (yep, that's yourcodenameis:milo, notmycodenameismilo, you silly sausage) are quite fantastic. One of the few reasons I'm sorry I'll miss Oxegen this weekend. So, in summary, go see yourcodenameis:milo. Gwan.
    Ruby
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/6/2005 9:17 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Antistar
    quote:
    Originally posted by spurtacus
    Went to Witnness in 2003 specifically to see Mogwai and Death in Vegas, Mogwai were mindblowing of course. Then went to see Death In Vegas only to be greeted by Richard Fearless doing a crappy dance set, unttterly devoid of any material from Contino Sessions, etc... So be careful!
    As far as I remember, death in vegas had a problem with their equipment that year. It never arrived or something, so Fearless had to do a DJ set with whatever music he had with him. I was gutted too.....they were gonna be my highlight of the weekend!! I'm looking forward to the Longcut....saw them in the village recently.
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/6/2005 12:36 PM
    fair play to you gar if you get to see all of them. I dont think i've ever hit more than 10 bands at oxegen, and if i did it was pure coincidence. if you like james brown, george clinton is playing at the end of the month (parliament, funkadelic) should be a really good gig. 25 man band, 4 hour stage show, gotta love that funk!
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/6/2005 1:10 PM
    Oxegen is about making hard choices really...Will i have to sacrifice one act to catch another. Or which of the 3 bands that are clashing will i got to see. I try to catch as many as i can and in general i do. Always kills me though when i look back over the line ups for previous years and see bands that i took no interest in then, but who id love to see now
    LooseFir

--
    7/6/2005 1:32 PM
    I agree with klootfan, clash's are really annoying, generally i go see bands i havent seen before. As for saturday night goes, it looks like Kasabian, Interpol, Mylo and The Go Team are all gonna clash, i'd like to see all these but ive seen interpol, so im stuck with three bands i'd really like to see. Life is harsh
    BEAT CONNECTION

--
    7/6/2005 2:31 PM
    check out Humanzi at Oxegen
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/6/2005 4:08 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by BEAT CONNECTION
    check out Humanzi at Oxegen
    lol. are they the only band at Oxegen who have yet to release a record? or are they the only band at Oxegen whose co-manager is one of the bookers? i dont mean to be negative but those two questions sum up a lot of things about humanzi right now.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>