You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Gar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
3/8/2005 11:49 AM
    Scuttling through the racks recently, hoping to find a really good music dvd, I couldn't really find one. I have alot at home of more classic rock type musicians and I have two Jools Holland one's and The Last Waltz. But is there a lack of good dvds coming from modern bands? What are the best one's out there?
    Ruan

--
    3/8/2005 12:14 PM
    talking heads - stop making sense
    clamps

--
    3/8/2005 12:51 PM
    oasis - definatley maybe............is a complete howl, even if your not the biggest fan. great interviews, live performances & videos. the stones - gimme shelter: if ye can find it on dvd, it's great! i picked it up on ebay. no dvd extras or anything like that, just the original film avoid the woodstock: directors cut dvd...............complete waste of anybodies time, stupid hippies!
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/8/2005 1:53 PM
    Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - 'Live in New York'
    Karlito
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/8/2005 1:56 PM
    SFA
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/8/2005 1:57 PM
    Yeah have that Bruce Springsteen one.
    Wicker
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/8/2005 3:01 PM
    Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour 1974 & Rockpalast (both excellent, in very different ways) Pink Floyd - The Wall (should be in everyone's collection)
    vandala
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/8/2005 3:25 PM
    For sheer style and imagination, it's hard to beat Stop Making Sense.
    Optimus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/8/2005 3:27 PM
    The Tenacious D dvd, The Complete Masterworks, is fantastic. All of the episodes, a live gig, and a load of videos and stuff...pretty cool indeedio. Duran Duran's greatest hits is fantastic also. Packed with hidden features and stuff. Digitally remastered picture and sound. That is boss. And finally, Pearl Jam's Touring Band. The band at their best. Like a live greatest hits but with a coupla videos and a multiangle feature thrown in for good measure.
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/8/2005 4:01 PM
    I actually have that Tenacious D dvd but wasn't sure whether to announce to everyone that I had it. Here's what I do have but want to expand on: Later...with Jools Holland (Giants) Later...with Jools Holland (10 years) Tenacious D 'The Complete Masterworks' The Doors '30 Years Commemorative Edition' Led Zeppelin 'How The West Was Won' Emmylou Harris 'Spyboy' Bob Dylan 'MTV Unplugged' Elvis 'That's The Way It Is' Coldplay 'Live 2003' Johnny Cash 'Greatest Hits' Jackson Browne 'Going Home' Steve Earle 'Just An American Boy' Tom Petty and Heartbreakers 'Playback' Tom Petty and Heartbreakers 'High Grass Dogs' Norah Jones 'Live In New Orleans' The Eagles 'Hell Freezes Over' Joni Mitchell 'Painting With Words And Music' Billy Joel 'The Ulimate Collection' Christy Moore 'Uncovered' John Fogerty 'Premonition' Queen 'Greatest Video Hits' Simon & Garfunkel 'The Concert In Central Park' Neil Young 'Red Rocks Live' James Taylor 'Live' Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band 'Live In New York City' Bruce Springsteen 'Complete Video Anthology' There's a few more in a drawer somewhere. And I have alot of music related movies like 'Blues Brothers', 'Tommy', 'Almost Famous'. But I'm looking to add dvds of newer acts.
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/8/2005 4:10 PM
    Pink Floyd in Pompeii
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/8/2005 4:59 PM
    The Last Waltz is a great music dvd, probably the best i've seen. Then again, i really like the Woodstock DVD too (wish it were longer) i am a sucker for all that 'hippy s**t' though. The new Led Zep DVD that came out to accompany How The West Was Won is also very good, especially if you're a Zep fan. I managed to download 'Cocksucker Blues' the documentary of the Stones tour of the States ('71 i think) its class from a pure rock n roll perspective, groupies shooting up, plenty of coke, etc
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/8/2005 7:53 PM
    also, im not really a U2 fan but "Rattle and Hum" is very well made, i enjoyed watching it, and i'd say you'd love it if you're a fan I'd definitely back up Pink Floyd in Pompeii... savage
    admin
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/8/2005 9:11 PM
    Spinal Tap. No collection is complete without it. eoghan
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/8/2005 9:14 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Admin
    Spinal Tap. No collection is complete without it. eoghan
    And you are not a complete musician until you can 'identify' (ie: start crying and yelping 'That happened to me !') with at least one scene in it. Apparently, Sting identifies with it from start to finish. Here's another one for the DVD shelf, 'A Night With Lou Reed'.
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/9/2005 9:28 AM
    'Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues: Feel Like Going Home' DVD is great. Think there are a few other ones...one by Clint Eastwood etc. that I have to try and get my hands on. Got the Yeah Yeah YEahs DVD recently but have yet to sit down and watch it. I hear it's good though. Did anyone get the Doves DVD?
    johnny cash

--
    3/9/2005 10:20 AM
    the last waltz is amazing to watch, the performances are cool, also the extras on the dvd with the band and all the guest jamming is classic stuff such a night.....
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/9/2005 10:24 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dromed
    'Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues: Feel Like Going Home' DVD is great. Think there are a few other ones...one by Clint Eastwood etc. that I have to try and get my hands on.
    I have the box set of that. The one by Wim Wenders 'Soul of a Man' is wonderful, as is Mike Figgis' exploration of the British Blues scene. It starts slow but builds and, of course, God is in there. The only glaring ommission is The Stones, Man. My one regret about the series was that there was no mention of the Irish Blues scene.
    kierry
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/9/2005 12:44 PM
    the last waltz is great. its like a movie, everything is so well done. also blur's video singles is good. and um... meeting people is easy is good too... :)
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/9/2005 2:15 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by spurtacus
    Pink Floyd in Pompeii
    Spurtacus ...have you seen Pink Floyd's 'Pulse' ....I've seen it on video...don't know if it's available on dvd or not (the sound quality on it is awful...but what a gig!! )
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>