You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
benni
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
9/13/2006 2:02 PM
    Inspired by Elmo95's mention of programme - whats peoples favorite all time Jools performances? The one that always stands out in my mind is Airbag by Radiohead circa 1997....? It was just as OK Computer was released and they played a few tunes on the show - with Airbag being the closer for the show. That was around the time that I was beginning to take music very seriously indeed and I remember actually thinking to myself that my mouth was quite literally hanging open in awe by the end. f**king amazing.
    Pol
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/13/2006 2:14 PM
    Devandra Banhart playing sight to behold OR his interview with courtney love ( youl see it on youtube ) where she says she worked as a photographer for hotpress !!!!!!!
    Helmet

--
    9/13/2006 2:43 PM
    I remember thinking Roni Size and his lot were really impressive when they were on, big booming double-bass, slick as bejaysus!!!
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/13/2006 3:07 PM
    KT Tunstall's first performance was pretty impressive, as were Arcade Fire. Courtney did indeed work as a photographer for a very short time for Hotpress when she lived in Dublin. She also got arrested once for getting into a fight outside Bewley's on Grafton Street.
    kavobaggins
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/13/2006 3:08 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    She also got arrested once for getting into a fight outside Bewley's on Grafton Street.
    with her dad, wasnt it!!
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/13/2006 3:10 PM
    http://www.remedyireland.com/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,63/page,view/catid,2/PageNo,1/key,7/hit,1/ ...speaking of Roni Size
    Pol
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/13/2006 3:12 PM
    Atually i remember the arcade fire playing and then the foo fighters played rite after them ...Dave Grohl looked like he wanted to say ''Ah s**t how am i gna beat that ''
    kavobaggins
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/13/2006 3:16 PM
    Sigur Ros were pretty amazing as always, earlier this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r18Wt8ot1U I remember see the Pumpkins playing for the first time live since Mellon Collie, when they were debuting songs from Adore. It was a real "Did you see?" moment the next day in school.
    Pol
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/13/2006 3:28 PM
    I was kinda disapointed with that sigur ros performance when i saw it originaly ...maybe its cus i have no soul .... just a car battery attached to a tree ..
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/13/2006 3:34 PM
    trees have souls, no wait, car batteries have souls, no, wait
    Punchbowl
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/13/2006 3:43 PM
    Whipping Boy, although their performance was a little more ramshackle than most, it was highly entertaining none the less.. Courtney Love lived in Drogheda too.. Her father was (or is?) a lecturer in Trinners..
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/13/2006 3:45 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Punchbowl
    Whipping Boy, although their performance was a little more ramshackle than most, it was highly entertaining none the less.. Courtney Love lived in Drogheda too.. Her father was (or is?) a lecturer in Trinners..
    wha?! Shaar feck off.... really?
    Garret
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/13/2006 4:10 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Punchbowl Courtney Love lived in Drogheda too..
    wow i'd never heard that, pretty cool.
    Protein biscuit
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/13/2006 4:28 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Punchbowl
    Courtney Love lived in Drogheda too.. Her father was (or is?) a lecturer in Trinners..
    Get outta here. A lecturer? No way. In Trinity? No way. Get outta here. No way. Really? Next you'll be tellin' me she comes back every Summer to help save the turf.
    Ciarán Ryan

--
    9/13/2006 4:30 PM
    Suppose it's obvious but for pure WTF is going on here, the At The Drive In one was pretty tasty
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/13/2006 4:33 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ciarán Ryan
    Suppose it's obvious but for pure WTF is going on here, the At The Drive In one was pretty tasty
    ooooooooh never saw them on it I'll be a you-tubin it up later so.
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/13/2006 4:40 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    KT Tunstall's first performance was pretty impressive, as were Arcade Fire. Courtney did indeed work as a photographer for a very short time for Hotpress when she lived in Dublin. She also got arrested once for getting into a fight outside Bewley's on Grafton Street.
    True, KT's performance left me gobsmacked.Lost all interest in her now, mind... Lots of memorable performances but for Ryan Adams stands out as my favourite for some reason, circa those Love Is Hell albums a few years ago. Mazzy Star were rather special too from ages ago...rent out the DVD (laser, Ranelagh!) to check em out.
    palace
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/13/2006 4:55 PM
    i don't really see it often... but i do remember a quite stunning version of 'God is in the House' by a solo nick cave on piano
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/13/2006 5:15 PM
    My fav performance in a show which I think is surprisingly lacklustre and dull when viewed end to end, season to season is Jackson Browne's acoustic version of 'Running on Empty' which appeared in the same episode as KT Tunstall's debut. And if that upsets you, here's another one, I never 'got' John Peel, always thought he had a 'yawn' taste in music and was a strange little hobbit type of a man, like Bilbo Baggins with a walkman
    blacksheep

--
    9/13/2006 5:16 PM
    Also Nick Cave doing Abbatoir Blues with 3 pianos & jools not playing any of them. Last season Gorgo Bordello were mindblowing.Gypsy folk punk madness.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>