Discussion Forums

PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 8/17/2006 4:51 PM by  Basic
The First Album To Change Your Life ????
 45 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
Basic

--
8/17/2006 4:51 PM
    Mine has to be Slanted And Enchanted By Pavement .... It Just blew me away .... and still does. Yours?
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/17/2006 4:54 PM
    a tie between Restraining Bolt by Radish and the predictable Nevermind by Nirvana
    Basic

--
    8/17/2006 4:58 PM
    yeah nevermind is a given. i went to the gig in the point. just fantastic and also got to see the breeders and teenage fanclub that day. great gig. oh those heady days ....
    Basic

--
    8/17/2006 4:59 PM
    i also had a ticket for the next gig in the simmonscourt but it was in my wallet that i lost on the waltzers in tramore. ha ha ha goddamn cider !!!!! the gig was cancelled but it had the date of his unfortunate death !!! KURT COBAIN R.I.P.
    dudley
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/17/2006 5:07 PM
    queens greatest hits
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/17/2006 5:10 PM
    My Bloody Valentine Loveless For me, my life so far is in 2 parts: before Loveless, and after. That's how important it was. I was 16 and I must have listened to it daily for a full year. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing: this extraordinary, beautiful, mindblowing sound. I knew then that music was going to have a profound effect on me for the rest of my life, but it also woke me up to the fact that art can provide this whole new dimension to your existence. Up until then it was just football, school, girls...the usual teenage preoccupations, then Loveless came along and changed everything.
    John Doe
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/17/2006 5:16 PM
    The first Crowded House album. I'd been a music nut since my teens but that album was the one that finally made me realise that I wanted to be a songwriter myself.
    dudley
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/17/2006 5:24 PM
    the first record to actually make me get more deeply involved with music was yank crime by drive like jehu, released in 1994, and which today i still ranks as the finest punk rock hardcore rock record ever made. it made things like beefheart make sense to me, the guitar playing is extraordinary, yet never overblown and histrionic, just vicseral and thunderous. it's a hard listen at first, but check out some tunes on itunes or whatever. incredible work of art.
    nerraw
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/17/2006 5:26 PM
    Pearl Jam's Ten. Altered the path of my teenage years quite drastically, stopped me listening to Scooter for one thing and turned me on to rock concerts and other noteworthy bands. Found a whole new world after listening to it. Completely changed my social life to this day in terms of friends etc. Which is why I can't wait for next Wednesday :)
    Flux
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/17/2006 5:30 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Antistar
    My Bloody Valentine Loveless For me, my life so far is in 2 parts: before Loveless, and after. That's how important it was. I was 16 and I must have listened to it daily for a full year. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing: this extraordinary, beautiful, mindblowing sound. I knew then that music was going to have a profound effect on me for the rest of my life, but it also woke me up to the fact that art can provide this whole new dimension to your existence. Up until then it was just football, school, girls...the usual teenage preoccupations, then Loveless came along and changed everything.
    I feel exactly the same way about it. It just took my whole enjoyment of music to another dimension.
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/17/2006 5:35 PM
    Well it would have to be the first album that made me want to make music - which was The Bends by Radiohead
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/17/2006 5:38 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Basic
    yeah nevermind is a given. i went to the gig in the point. just fantastic and also got to see the breeders and teenage fanclub that day. great gig. oh those heady days ....
    Yeah, was there also...it was great seeing TF and The Breeders, such great support bands in their own right, I thought Nirvana were slightly disappointing though!!!!!Kurt seemed to be miles away, only Krist and Dave Grohl spoke to the crowd. Little did we know......
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/17/2006 5:59 PM
    'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' by The Beatles
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/17/2006 6:07 PM
    bob dylan "Blood on the Tracks"
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/17/2006 6:08 PM
    Pilchard, that was my second choice!
    Garret
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/17/2006 6:19 PM
    The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers
    Basic

--
    8/17/2006 6:44 PM
    the holy bible. great choice
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/17/2006 6:44 PM
    The Springsteen live 75-85 boxset.
    elmo95
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/17/2006 7:43 PM
    Holy Bible would not be my first choice, I only got into the Manics during the Everything Must Go time but once I heard The Holy Bible and read the lyrics coz it is fairly hard to comprehend what the hell James is saying, it just opened up another world in terms of human suffering, tragedy and other things that left me feeling not so sweetly towards the human race.
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/17/2006 9:46 PM
    mine was Revolver by The Beatles, made me realise what music could do. lead me onto absolutely everything else, n nearly everything i've done since, music and otherwise.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>