--
7/4/2006 5:27 PM
    What do people think of this album?
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/4/2006 6:04 PM
    its terrible, really dull and lifeless and awful. ok, i'm not a radiohead fan but i did love "Kid A" and thought it would be something similar. no such luck. just yorke moaning on over some rather dull beeps and bleeps. there are way, way better electronica albums out there than this. its getting "respectful" reviews because its Yorke but it just doesnt work at all.
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/4/2006 7:00 PM
    On first impressions it was really grim. will give it some more spins when i'm feeling sufficiently depressed.
    Protein biscuit
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/5/2006 10:05 AM
    Sheesh! Steps on rake and shudders a la Sideshow Bob.
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    7/5/2006 10:14 AM
    it's bad
    nerraw
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/5/2006 10:48 AM
    I really like it, I like a lot. Not for everyone, but I'm a fan of minimal techno and Yorke straddles this
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/5/2006 10:59 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by nerraw
    I really like it, I like a lot. Not for everyone, but I'm a fan of minimal techno and Yorke straddles this
    i'm a fan of minimal techno too and this has nothing in common with that! lets get real here - its a dog of an album and it needs to be put down
    nerraw
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/5/2006 11:09 AM
    Pilchard, take your head from your ass. I like the album, i think it compares to some of the minimal stuff out there. I didn't say it was minimal but similar.
    Protein biscuit
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/5/2006 11:11 AM
    Siminimalar even!
    kavobaggins
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/6/2006 1:56 PM
    Im getting in to it now despite some reservations at the start but the first track (The Eraser) is one of the best songs Ive heard in a long while.
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    7/6/2006 2:31 PM
    There are two good track on it: And It Rained All Night and Harrowdown Hill, everything else is total pap. The pap just sounds like a really s**te Third Eye Foundation demo or something.
    kavobaggins
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/6/2006 3:41 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    There are two good track on it: And It Rained All Night and Harrowdown Hill, everything else is total pap. The pap just sounds like a really s**te Third Eye Foundation demo or something.
    If you say so then Una...
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    7/6/2006 3:47 PM
    Actually, I think the record would be better with no vocals. Yorke's voice is annoying when he lo-fis it.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/6/2006 4:34 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by nerraw
    Pilchard, take your head from your ass. I like the album, i think it compares to some of the minimal stuff out there. I didn't say it was minimal but similar.
    dude, u said it "straddled" minimal techno so if u want to have a punch-up bout semantics, lets trade shots. una is right - its yer man's whiney voice that brings the album down (down, deeper and down)
    themire

--
    7/6/2006 4:41 PM
    I like it. Lots of voice on it which is a good thing.
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/6/2006 7:14 PM
    I've changed my mind. I think it's pretty decent.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/7/2006 10:54 AM
    there was a great (well, scathing) review of this on Pet Sounds last night - i think yorke was refered to as a moany hole at one stage. vicious reviews can sometimes be great fun
    Protein biscuit
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/7/2006 11:08 AM
    A good bad review of a sh*t album or movie can be very entertaining!
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    7/7/2006 11:35 AM
    you should read the Da Vinci code review in the New Yorker. Absolute genius.
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    7/7/2006 11:37 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pilchard
    there was a great (well, scathing) review of this on Pet Sounds last night - i think yorke was refered to as a moany hole at one stage.
    It was quite funny but the day I take musical direction from Stuart Clarke is the day I stick a knitting needle in my ear because I'll no longer want to be able to hear. Poor Tom Dunne won't let the whole "Kid A is rubbish" thing go. Perhaps it's time to admit that he's lost that argument. I'm a little bemused by the universal praise American V has been getting too. Not as good as the previous ones but I suppose it's hard to view it outside the context of Johnny's death so for that reason ... Personally I thought American IV was the perfect epitaph to his career.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>