You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
comet
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
6/22/2006 1:54 PM
    They burst on the scene with all the hype and spin of a spiral galaxy but its all gone down the black hole now........where's Hilary these days anyway? A statement from the band reads as follows: Reader, we are to let thee know, JJ72's body only lies below; For could the grave JJ's soul comprise, Earth would be richer than the skies. "JJ72 was born during an Easter many seasons ago; today it dies on the cusp of midsummer eleven years later. "Mark Greaney, Fergal Matthews & Sarah Fox wish to express their deepest and darkest gratitude to all of those with impeccable taste who helped and supported the band. "We remember everything, from mechanical birds in Japan to angels in arid Arizona, from broken bones and Berlin birthdays to predatory Portsmouth spiders. For those who disliked and perhaps despised (gasp) JJ72, thank you - how did beautiful photographs exist without a negative?! We crafted two monuments of magnificence for the future aural pleasure and pain of all would be JJ believers and doubters....and for those who care not for the passing of the petulant yet powerful pup....shame on you! Thank you to Hilary Woods for being a dazzling damsel and thank you to all who played music in/with the band. You know who you are. "
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/22/2006 1:59 PM
    :(
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/22/2006 2:21 PM
    Boo hoo
    stroller
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/22/2006 4:12 PM
    I assumed that they'd split years ago. Is that press release a p*sstake? What a bunch of self obsessed, pretentious talentless c*nts. Good Riddance.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/22/2006 4:57 PM
    great headline on the Drowned In Sound story JJ72 split; world's turn unaffected by non-existent aftershocks http://www.drownedinsound.com/content/view/938351
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/22/2006 5:06 PM
    couldnt agree more stroller,
    comet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/22/2006 5:24 PM
    have to agree that the statement is a bit ridiculous, its got to be a bit tongue in cheek surely, its like its written by a dreamy 13 year old.
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/22/2006 5:33 PM
    You missed out the most important bit of that pr release, the final line where they admit they are arguing with their label over money in regard to their latest release. As Heather Mills might say, all you need is cash.
    Archie
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/22/2006 6:39 PM
    :( i liked jj72
    Garret
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/22/2006 6:52 PM
    Bollocks and I loved I To Sk
    Flux
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/22/2006 9:08 PM
    Ass wholes
    thethirdplace

--
    6/23/2006 12:18 PM
    yet another classic case of decent irish band (arrogant & self indulgent F**kers? yes!)being poorly handled and marketed by an irish label, once again highlighting the absolute bo**ox that is the Irish Music "industry". Absolutely appalling Press Release however.. if its serious, then its the worst press release ever.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/23/2006 12:28 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by thethirdplace
    yet another classic case of decent irish band (arrogant & self indulgent F**kers? yes!)being poorly handled and marketed by an irish label, once again highlighting the absolute bo**ox that is the Irish Music "industry". Absolutely appalling Press Release however.. if its serious, then its the worst press release ever.
    "poorly handled and marketed"??? thanks to this record company who "poorly handed and marketed" JJ72, the band sold over 500,000 copies of their debut album! I know many, many bands who would love to be that "poorly handled and marketed". the problem with JJ72 was that after this very successful debut, they then went off and recorded one of the worst, most self-indulgent, piss-poor irish albums ever. not even ALL in the record labels in the world coming together could sell that one. the fault lies with the band, not the label - write some hits and then people will buy them. its so typical of idiot irish musicians to blame the labels for their own short-comings.
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/23/2006 12:31 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by thethirdplace
    how do you market a turd?
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/23/2006 12:56 PM
    Their debut was a fantastic album and their new stuff was really good. Some people hated them because they were pretty and didn´t give a f**k about being an underdog. Sometimes you can´t win. One of the best Irish bands live.
    stroller
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/23/2006 2:02 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    One of the best Irish bands live.
    I'm not so sure I'd agree with you there. I remember seeing them at Witnness in 2000 and at the climax of their set the lead singer decided to smash up his guitar. The only problem being that the skinny little guy was barely strong enough to lift the damn thing and no matter how hard he flung it against the speaker he could barely break a string let alone break his axe in half. After about a dozen attempts he had to leave the stage and his still intact guitar behind him. To this day it's still one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a gig.
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/23/2006 2:06 PM
    Speaking of JJ72 axe smashing I saw them play at Slane one year and throughout the gig Mark Greany was playing a succession of black fender strats. It came to the last song and out comes a white one which he then proceeds to destroy, to this day I'm sure he saved money by breaking a cheaper squire model.
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/23/2006 2:25 PM
    Kurt Cobain did that trick the whole time
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/23/2006 5:09 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    Their debut was a fantastic album and their new stuff was really good. Some people hated them because they were pretty and didn´t give a f**k about being an underdog. Sometimes you can´t win. One of the best Irish bands live.
    Pretty? Fair enough. You've lost me on that one. I don't think it's cos they're as you say 'pretty'; I think it might be the fact they were just unspeakably awful. That guy's voice! Nails being scraped down a blackboard sounds soothing in comparison! Good riddance to the conceited twats.
    thethirdplace

--
    6/23/2006 5:15 PM
    right so!! I am a nerd! I liked I to Sky. With exception of Serpent whatever ya call it Track four I really never got the backlash to it!.......... i was probably still lookin for the third place!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>