You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
Una
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
6/11/2006 12:31 PM
    mine are here: http://unarocks.blogspot.com/2006/06/unarocks-top-10-albums-of-year-so-far.html
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/11/2006 12:49 PM
    As it's only halfway through the year I'm only doing a top half-ten. 5. Cat Power - The Greatest 4. Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene (It got a january release here right?) 3. Sunset Rubdown - Sunset Rubdown 2. Islands - Return To The Sea 1. Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds My top 4 are all Canadian, what's all that aboot?
    ishrink
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/11/2006 1:01 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    mine are here: http://unarocks.blogspot.com/2006/06/unarocks-top-10-albums-of-year-so-far.html
    Funny, I'd have had YYY's in my biggest dissappointment section. My faves so far have been Nathan Fake and Film School.
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/11/2006 6:04 PM
    YYY's as the biggest dissapointment???!!!???? Are you crazy! Show Your Bones is completely AMAZING!!!!! I actually quite like it. Unicron, Canada rox, eh.
    stroller
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/12/2006 12:51 AM
    Aside from the ones already mentioned I'd have to go for; Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - Ballad of the Broken Seas TV On The Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain Hot Chip - The Warning Howe Gelb - Sno Angel Like You Thom Yorke - The Eraser Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit ...and in terms of hip-hop; Murs & 9th Wonder - Murray's Revenge Ugly Duckling - Bang for the Buck The Coup - Pick a Bigger Weapon ...and in term of albums that were released in their domestic countries last year but which only secured an European release this year; Love Is All - Nine Times That Same Song The Spinto Band - Nice and Nicely Done Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah The Yeah Yeah Yeahs album is solid but it's not a patch on their earlier efforts. I finally got to see them play in New York last month and it was one of the most anti-climatic gigs I've ever being to. They were playing in a massive room and with the exception of the front two rows no-one was moving an inch (and this was a home town gig for f*ck's sake). Their new material sounded very unexciting live.
    ishrink
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/12/2006 9:34 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    YYY's as the biggest dissapointment???!!!???? Are you crazy! Show Your Bones is completely AMAZING!!!!!
    It's boring. They've totally lost their edge and the passion and energy that made the first album so good.
    garymcgarrigle

--
    6/12/2006 9:54 AM
    Islands - Return To The Sea Tapes 'n' Tapes - The Loon Figurines - Skeleton Howe Gelb - Sno Angel Like You TV On The Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds (if we're counting it as 2006) Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/12/2006 10:05 AM
    1Mogwai Mr Beast 2Mono You Are There 3Cat Power The Greatest 4The Knife Silent Shout 5Yeah Yeah Yeahs Show Your Bones
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/12/2006 4:34 PM
    stroller: no one moves at gigs in NYC. It's against the rules.
    nerraw
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/12/2006 4:40 PM
    I love the news YYYs, fantastic all the way through.
    Protein biscuit
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/12/2006 5:23 PM
    In no particular order here's 5: Tapes 'n Tapes: The Loon Howe Gelb: Sno' Angel Like You J Dilla: Donuts King Biscuit Time: Black Gold The Black Angels: Passover Cat Power: The Greatest
    stroller
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/12/2006 5:29 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    stroller: no one moves at gigs in NYC. It's against the rules.
    Not so. I saw both Jurassic 5 and LCD Soundsystem there in 2005 and at both gigs the entire crowd were going apesh*t. The new yeah Yeah Yeah songs just don't rock live.
    ishrink
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/12/2006 5:31 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by stroller
    The new yeah Yeah Yeah songs just don't rock live.
    I'd have left out "live" there.
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/12/2006 5:56 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by ishrink
    quote:
    Originally posted by stroller
    The new yeah Yeah Yeah songs just don't rock live.
    I'd have left out "live" there.
    What's with all the anti-YYYs comments. They're a GOOD BAND. Their latest albums has got UNIVERSAL PRAISE. What gives?? Of all the crappy, over-hyped and overrated bands out there you take out your ire on one of the few truly interesting bands and a pretty unique frontperson to boot!! Bizarre.
    malco

--
    6/12/2006 5:58 PM
    seen YYYs at Primavera a couple of weeks ago, turned out to be one of the highlights. Incredibly polished live and seem to be very comfortable in their own skin. Plus yer wan has great stage presence and charisma, added to the intensity of the whole thing...bounding around like an energizer bunny so she was. Will be looking forward to seeing them again at the lecky picnic. Also I think their drummer is a savage...subtle but really drives their sound.
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/12/2006 7:37 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    Unicron, Canada rox, eh.
    Indeed it does, in fact I'm now existing entirely on a diet of maple syrup, imagining that the current world cup is being played on ice with a puck and sticks and only chasing women from Montreal.
    Micklectic

--
    6/14/2006 1:58 AM
    favourite album of the year so far for me is belle & sebastian, the life pursuit. still hooked on it, its a great summer record so if the weather keeps up it might never leave the cd player, also redneck manifesto - seven stabs (ok mini album but f**k it, its great)
    Garret
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/14/2006 12:42 PM
    I havent bought many new albums this year, but I'm pretty sure that either the James Dean Bradfield or Hope Of The States albums will be my favourite for 2006. Probably HOTS.
    off the post
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/14/2006 2:05 PM
    Band Of Horses, Everything all the Time is getting alot of airplay between my temples these days. Best piece of Americana since Mercury Rev's Deserters songs.
    Protein biscuit
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/14/2006 2:11 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by off the post
    Band Of Horses, Everything all the Time is getting alot of airplay between my temples these days. Best piece of Americana since Mercury Rev's Deserters songs.
    Agreed. Just gets better with every listen.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>