You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
benni
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
5/22/2006 10:45 PM
    ooooh its very exciting! Lightning Bolt - playing whelans! And support from Giveamanakick and Estel as far as I know which makes things even better. I've heard great GREAT things about this lot live.
    palace
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/23/2006 9:36 AM
    yes, i will be there with bells on.... and earplugs in
    Protein biscuit
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/23/2006 10:12 AM
    Dang. Been thinking about it but have managed to arrange myself into a night out with the lads instead. Hmmm. Maybe i could coax them with the prospect of a sonic mauling?
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/23/2006 10:54 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Protein biscuit
    Dang. Been thinking about it but have managed to arrange myself into a night out with the lads instead. Hmmm. Maybe i could coax them with the prospect of a sonic mauling?
    and what better way to maximise your male bonding session eh...?!?!
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/23/2006 2:23 PM
    going on thursday in Leap in Cork. Gonna be deadly.
    hugh

--
    5/23/2006 3:18 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by palace
    Yes. Bring earplugs ... they are unbelievably loud.
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/23/2006 4:16 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by hugh
    quote:
    Originally posted by palace
    Yes. Bring earplugs ... they are unbelievably loud.
    ooooohhh!!!!! the excitement warrants a small dance around!!!
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/23/2006 4:45 PM
    there will be some swinging from the rafters: http://laserbeast.com/mp3s/lb-31-2.mov
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/23/2006 11:43 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by ctrlaltdelete
    there will be some swinging from the rafters: http://laserbeast.com/mp3s/lb-31-2.mov
    HAHAH!!! Rockin!! My mate said in Manchester there was practically riots and some bloke split his head open on a cymbal - good for a bit a the ole ultra-violence.... ah im a nice girl really....
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/24/2006 11:43 AM
    It was my mate's 21st on monday, he's a huge fan. I saw him about 2am on sunday night/monday morning; covered in sweat, big goofy grin on his face, with a broken drum stick in a blood covered hand, all he could manage to say was "I just drummed with the bolt".
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/24/2006 11:51 AM
    legend!
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/24/2006 12:05 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by benni
    legend!
    Best birthday present ever.
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/24/2006 12:07 PM
    By the way, has anyone heard anything about tonights gig being in jepordy? Apparently Lighting Bolt want to play on the floor and Whelans are dead set against it.
    jan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/24/2006 12:15 PM
    i take it this hasn't sold out yet? i'm hoping to get a ticket on the door this evening
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/24/2006 12:29 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Unicron
    By the way, has anyone heard anything about tonights gig being in jepordy? Apparently Lighting Bolt want to play on the floor and Whelans are dead set against it.
    Yea I was quite a bit suspect about how that would go down with Whelans - i mean can you really imagine that place being happy with the f**kin chaos they incite! Esp with there being no stage and no chance of the bouncers being able to do f**k all about anything. I dont think Lightning Bolt will play if Whelans insist on a stage set up - or if they do it'll all change very quickly mid set.
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/24/2006 12:31 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by jan
    i take it this hasn't sold out yet? i'm hoping to get a ticket on the door this evening
    i think its all but sold out at this stage - a mate of mine who's involved in bring them over in some shape or form told me there were only 16 tickets left - and that was at 7pm last night - altho i *may* have a spare one if you're interested!
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/24/2006 12:35 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by benni
    quote:
    Originally posted by Unicron
    Yea I was quite a bit suspect about how that would go down with Whelans - i mean can you really imagine that place being happy with the f**kin chaos they incite! Esp with there being no stage and no chance of the bouncers being able to do f**k all about anything. I dont think Lightning Bolt will play if Whelans insist on a stage set up - or if they do it'll all change very quickly mid set.
    They seem really into doing their own thing their own way, I wouldn't be surprised if they refuse to play if they have to go on the stage. Or like you said they could pull a fast one.
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/24/2006 12:41 PM
    They might just do an impromtu set somewhere on Camden Street!!! A mate of mine was at ATP the year they played and they just set up outside some f**king chalet at 4am and started lashing out the tunes! That would be a kodak moment if ever there was one. I predict some riots on Camden Street tonight!
    jan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/24/2006 2:24 PM
    right well it is sold out and the lady in wav maintains that they will be playing on the venue floor benni, if you do have that ticket it'd be greatly appreciated
    palace
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/24/2006 2:30 PM
    please, all help jan... she NEEDS to come to this
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>