You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Gar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
5/2/2006 8:55 PM
    This coming Friday @ 23:35 on BBC2. On the show this week are Pearl Jam, The Zutons, Jamie Foxx and Corinne Bailey Rae. Wonder if the show's researchers will give any of the newer Irish acts a slot this season. Maybe Humanzi, The Immediate, Director, The Marshals, Julie Feeney or The Chalets have a chance.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/3/2006 9:16 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gar
    This coming Friday @ 23:35 on BBC2. On the show this week are Pearl Jam, The Zutons, Jamie Foxx and Corinne Bailey Rae. Wonder if the show's researchers will give any of the newer Irish acts a slot this season. Maybe Humanzi, The Immediate, Director, The Marshals, Julie Feeney or The Chalets have a chance.
    i'd say The Chalets or Feeney, maybe The Immediate. Probably declan o'rourke too, unfortunately. The others have not had a sniff of attention in the UK yet so i'd be surprised if they appear.
    alameda
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/3/2006 10:05 AM
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Rodrigo y Gabriela getting a slot on Jools - they're definitely making waves in London and it's not just ex-pats at their shows which is good to see That said, I'm not that mad on R&G myself - granted they're fantastic musicians but they work much better for say half an hour in a small intimate venue rather than 90 minutes in the Olympia
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/3/2006 10:13 AM
    Or perhaps Bell X1, as their album only got released there recently didn't it?
    alameda
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/3/2006 10:57 AM
    indeed, they're another possibility - hopefully we'll see at least one or two of that list in the series Not overjoyed at the line-up for the first programme though - I'm sure CRB and the Zutons were on the last run of Jools and Jamie Foxx is all bling and not much substance(aside from his collaboration with Kanye West), Pearl Jam could be interesting though
    kavobaggins
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/3/2006 11:50 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gar
    Or perhaps Bell X1, as their album only got released there recently didn't it?
    Wouldnt be suprised. There was a big campaign on the website to get them aired on Jools but I suppose thats common enough. Anyone remember the Dublin band Pelvis that appeared on the same edition as Lenny Kravitz, Pulp and I think The Pumpkins as far as I remember????
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/3/2006 12:49 PM
    I dont know, I find it a very tedious show to watch on an ongoing basis but he is one of those sacred cows, like John Peel
    comet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/3/2006 1:34 PM
    Spinto Band are on it Friday night too and Tom Dunne favourite Jenny Lewis.
    Mully
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/8/2006 8:54 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by alameda
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Rodrigo y Gabriela getting a slot on Jools - they're definitely making waves in London and it's not just ex-pats at their shows which is good to see That said, I'm not that mad on R&G myself - granted they're fantastic musicians but they work much better for say half an hour in a small intimate venue rather than 90 minutes in the Olympia
    Ta Dah !! Rodrigo y Gabriela, Richard Ashcroft and We Are Scientists are among the guests on the second show of the new series.
    petethedrummer

--
    5/8/2006 9:14 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rev Jules
    I dont know, I find it a very tedious show to watch on an ongoing basis but he is one of those sacred cows, like John Peel
    where else are you gonna see live music regularly on the tele????
    WhoMe
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/8/2006 10:13 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by petethedrummer where else are you gonna see live music regularly on the tele????
    The late late show
    Mully
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/8/2006 10:35 AM
    Celebrity Jigs & Reels.
    comet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/8/2006 10:54 AM
    I can never understand why they don't repeat Later even if they stuck it on BBC 3 or 4. There used to be a repeat on a Sunday i think a few years back.
    themire

--
    5/8/2006 11:02 AM
    Did any of ye see the show on Friday? I liked the Jenny Lewis one and Pearl Jam doing alive too. Missed their new one. Jamie Foxx's song was so like Chef out of South Park it was comical. "I'm gonna make love to you all night long babyyyyy" etc.
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/8/2006 11:06 AM
    I thought the Spinto Band were crap. After reading so many good comments about them on this board, I was curious to hear them. But they were simply muck. Jamie Foxx was terrible as well. The sound for The Zutons was really off-putting, Pearl Jam and Corrine Bailey Rae were very ordinary and Jenny Lewis wasn't used enough. Hopefully next week will be far better.
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/8/2006 11:22 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by petethedrummer
    The album chart show, for a start, although whether Snow Patrol playing tracks from their latest album actually counts as a live music is a moot point.
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/8/2006 11:29 AM
    Missed the show, but gar, check the album out our check out their myspace account http://www.myspace.com/thespintoband Check out the Oh Mandy tune... I have to say i really like this band and their gig in whelans was one of the better ones ive ever seen there
    Mully
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    5/8/2006 11:52 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rev Jules
    quote:
    Originally posted by petethedrummer
    The album chart show, for a start, although whether Snow Patrol playing tracks from their latest album actually counts as a live music is a moot point.
    Moo Point ... A cows opinion.
    nerraw
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    5/8/2006 1:09 PM
    I thought the spinto band were atrocious. Tried really hard to like them but christ they sucked. Leave the yazoos for Monty Python sketches
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/8/2006 1:19 PM
    Jamie Foxx was hilarious, I was laughing my ass off when he was on. Jenny Lewis was s**t. I'd forgotten that Alive could well be one of the best songs ever, I wish I could play guitar like Mike McCready, not to be as good as him; just to do the playing behind the head thing. Zutons were the zutons, I was too busy drooling over the sax player to notice if they were good. Corrine Bailey Ray, as soon as she came on I picked up my own guitar and played until she was done (3 SONGS??? WTF???) I didn't care for the first Spinto band song but I loved Oh Mandy despite it kinda passing me by until now whenever I heard it on the radio, I bought the album on Saturday because of it in fact.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>