You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Gar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
3/21/2006 2:48 PM
    Who are you still pissed off about missing at a gig/festival from the last year or few months? Here's a few of mine: Dangermouse (Electric Picnic) Beck (Bud Rising) Interpol (Oxegen) De La Soul (Electric Picnic) Bruce Springsteen (The Point) Jack Johnson (The Point)
    palace
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/21/2006 2:57 PM
    here's a couple that stand out off the top of me head: dirty three - november '05 - village (on holiday) sigur ros - november '05 - olympia (on holiday) sufjan stevens - june '04 - douglas hyde (got lazy)
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/21/2006 3:04 PM
    Way back when, Joanna Newsome at the sugar club, started listening to her about a week after she played. In fact I was humming and hawing about going to ATP in May until someone told me that she had just been added to the bill and that decided me on the spot.
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/21/2006 3:19 PM
    coheed and cambria - TBMC sufjan stevens - the village antony & the johnsons - vicar st the pharcyde - crawdaddy
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/21/2006 3:49 PM
    Was deeply devastated to have missed PAtrick Wolf in Crawdaddy and also pissed off to have missed Larrikin Love in the Sugar Club but worst of all, might not be able to see White Rose Movement in Whelans for Budrising yoke and that will lead to severe upset...SEVERE!!!
    Protein biscuit
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/21/2006 3:59 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Unicron
    Way back when, Joanna Newsome at the sugar club, started listening to her about a week after she played. In fact I was humming and hawing about going to ATP in May until someone told me that she had just been added to the bill and that decided me on the spot.
    Not to rub it in but she was great that night and so bloody brave. Rabble were boozing and jabbering at the back of the club as the svelte songstress came on stage, sang an acapella song and then blew me away with her set. Unfortunately the hum and drum of the boozers got on my wick (what's wrong with me? am i turning into a fascist?). Met her afterwards and she was charming, graceful and well .... bloody gorgeous. Anyhoo.... gigs i regret not going to: Jim Noir (Crawdaddy - laziness) Broken Social Scene (TBMC - well, tickets sold out so not my fault) Beck (Ambassador - a few years ago now) Although i can take comfort in the fact that i've been to a lot of great gigs and for each one i've missed i've been at a cracker or two to compensate.
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/21/2006 4:11 PM
    SIGUR ROS - NOV; i was even offered to interview them! But only an hour after I got the call and i couldnt get out of work. Extreme gayness. NICK CAVE - LECCY PICCY - I, stupidly off my face, decided it would be better to see how many budwiesers i could drink whilst dancing to soulwax. Great idea in theory.... but not when you're missin Nick Cave as a direct result.
    stroller
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/21/2006 4:14 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gar
    Who are you still pissed off about missing at a gig/festival from the last year or few months? Here's a few of mine: Dangermouse (Electric Picnic) Beck (Bud Rising) Interpol (Oxegen) De La Soul (Electric Picnic) Bruce Springsteen (The Point) Jack Johnson (The Point)
    I though DangerMouse pulled out of Electric Picnic?
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/21/2006 4:18 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Protein biscuit
    quote:
    Originally posted by Unicron
    Not to rub it in but she was great that night and so bloody brave. Rabble were boozing and jabbering at the back of the club as the svelte songstress came on stage, sang an acapella song and then blew me away with her set. Unfortunately the hum and drum of the boozers got on my wick (what's wrong with me? am i turning into a fascist?). Met her afterwards and she was charming, graceful and well .... bloody gorgeous.
    Bastard
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/21/2006 4:27 PM
    Stroller, ya sure? Reckon there's a chance of him playing it this year with Gnarls Barkley.
    ilovehoovering

--
    3/21/2006 5:04 PM
    "Once a week I drive a nail through my foot to remind myself of the stupidity of not going to see them when I had the chance." - John Peel on Big Black = me on Weezer at Vicar Street :(
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/21/2006 5:23 PM
    Pete Yorn in the Shelter in 2003 Interpol in Spirit
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/21/2006 5:53 PM
    Cant believe I spent serious lids on Kanye West only to walk out half way through, apart from the terrible sound and inaudible rapping, if I want to listen to substandard string versions of snatches of old pop songs, I'll buy a copy of the LSO plays Top of The Pops, yeuch. From the glory of Public Enemy to that ? Who Stole The Soul ?
    comet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/21/2006 9:03 PM
    sufjan stevens - the village couldn't decide to make the trip to Dublin or not, then tickets sold out and i kept checking ticketmaster hoping they'd go back on sale, they didn't, oh well, i was hoping he'd play a festival, now its looking like he won't...
    raoul

--
    3/21/2006 10:17 PM
    arcade fire - leccy picnic
    stroller
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/21/2006 11:22 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gar
    Stroller, ya sure? Reckon there's a chance of him playing it this year with Gnarls Barkley.
    I'm 99% sure he didn't play last year. I know he was announced in the initial line up but then so were Nouvelle Vague and they pulled out. Plus I still have my laminate from last year with the full weekend line up and their was no mention of him on that. A Gnarls Barkley live show would be sweet. Cee-lo is the one of the few contemporary R&B artists who I have any time for. If you want to check out any of his solo stuff I'd recommend Closet Freak or The Art Of Noise, or his De La Soul collaboration Held Down. If you're feeling Gnarls Barkley then you might want to have a listen to the DangerDoom track Benzi Box which features both Cee-lo and Danger Mouse. Finally if you want to hear some Danger Mouse stuff besides DangerDoom, Demon Days and The Grey album and than just check out Don't do Drugs by DM & Gemini or the Dangermouse & Murs mix of To A Black Boy by The Free Design. He's also done a lot of good bootlegs including Paparazzi by Xzibit over Radiohead's Karma Police, Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega over 50 Cent's In Da Club, It Ain't Hard To Tell by Nas over Portishead's Roads, C.R.E.A.M. by the Wu-Tang Clan over Jefferson Aeroplane's White Rabbit and Top Billin by Audio Two over Air's Talisman.
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/22/2006 12:14 AM
    Cheers. The Dangerdoom album was one of my favourites from last year and the Grey Album is kickin aswell. Looking forward to the Gnarls Barkley album due to that gem of a tune 'Crazy'.
    ctrlaltdelete
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/22/2006 12:44 AM
    Edan > Dangermouse.
    sweetie
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/22/2006 9:21 AM
    shack - whelans arcade fire - electric picnic spoon - olympia
    off the post
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/22/2006 10:12 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by sweetie
    shack - whelans
    They were good apart from this annoying couple at the very front. If either of you are reading this now, you are both f**kwits.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>