You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
Una
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
8/24/2005 10:57 PM
    Come on then, what are yiz going to see. me first, me first. Some of these hopefully: The Bleedin Bleedins Chuzzle Eskimo Convention Messiah J and the Expert 8Ball Mainline Niall James Holohan Rulers of the Planet The Mighty Stef Neosupervital Leya
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/25/2005 12:20 AM
    If I can make it to over ten acts I'll be happy. But I'll aim for these: (Friday) Jenny Lindfors Bill Coleman The Rags The Radio Fred Celest The Mighty Stef (Saturday) Dirt Blue Gene Dark Room Notes Joe Chester The Walls The Rotators The Chapters Pony Club (Sunday) The Shakes Corona The Urges The Guggenheim Grotto The Amazing Pilots Chuzzle Mono Band - Whether or not I make it to all of those is another thread altogether
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 8:43 AM
    Main ones for me - Dark Room Notes, Betamax Format, Neosupervital, The Things, The Might Stef and whatever else I manage to float along to.
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 9:24 AM
    Cant make HWCH myself due to other commitments, but apparently the Mighty Stef and Neosupervital are supporting the republic of loose tonight, which i am heading to. Sold out apparently
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 9:49 AM
    Oh yea - I'd go (only for the support bands mind) but I is of to see the wonderfully crude and immature Adam Green in Whelans!!!!
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 10:16 AM
    havent had much time to look into it, but gonna try n see Delorentos, The Mighty Stef, The Chapters and The Urges. Might go see the bleedin bleedins, if theres no clashes, just cos Una's always on about them.
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 10:41 AM
    oh does anyone know what the craic is with getting tickets, can you just do it at the door, or do you have to go to ticketmaster etc?
    Mully
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 10:50 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Daragh
    oh does anyone know what the craic is with getting tickets, can you just do it at the door, or do you have to go to ticketmaster etc?
    From www.hwch.net TICKETS WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE OVER THE WEEKEND OF THE FESTIVAL from FilmBase (HWCH HQ), Curved Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2. FilmBase is directly opposite Temple Bar Music Centre. EUR28 incl booking fee (telephone and internet books subject to 12.5% over EUR25 – Agents EUR2 per ticket) All tickets must be exchanged at HWCH HQ, Filmbase, Curved Street, Temple Bar. * Please remember that on the day(s) of the event you must swap the ticket(s) you get from Ticketmaster for HWCH wristbands, which we'll provide you with to gain access to the event. Check back here later for more information on where to pick up these wristbands on the weekend.
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 10:53 AM
    cheers, should really have checked that site myself! never even thought of it though, tis early yet.
    mutch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/25/2005 12:02 PM
    Got this from CPU, fair play to Stone Ocean, well worth checking out. " CPU has learned that 3 acts on CPU have gotten together and organised a gig in Temple Bar Square in the open air at 4.00 on Saturday the 27th of August. Those clever lads in StoneOcean spotted that right smack in the middle of The Hard Working Class Heroes festival that the Square was not booked up and went ahead and organised their own mini festival with-in a festival so to speak. With Temple Bar about to be swamped with music lovers for Irelands answer to In The City, attendance for this ingenius piece of self promotion is bound to be big. First up is The Zenotones at 4.00 and followed by Kopek at 4.30 . StoneOceans set begins at 5.15pm and to top the day off StoneOcean and Kopek will then play from 9pm till 12pm in The Mezz. These lads wont take no for an answer it seems."
    kierry
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/25/2005 12:06 PM
    well, una does manage the bleedin' bleedin's, so y'know she would be always on about them. good lineup in the olympia on friday, will flit betweenthere and the TBMC. saturday looks ok, i'm just going to float about i guess. sunday, i have no interest and will probably skip. (if anyone wants my wristband - you're welcome to it) at no point all weekend do i have any desire to see anyone in pravda. *shudder*
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 12:16 PM
    hehe, didnt know Una managed them, it all makes sense now though...! the Urges are worth checking out if you havent already, they play the music centre on sunday, (i do their website though, so ya can take that with a grain of salt if you want!) yeah never been to a gig in pravda, was pretty surprised when i heard they had started doing them. Seems like a weird spot
    Damien
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/25/2005 12:49 PM
    The Mighty Stef Stars of the City Dark Room Notes Fred Zealots Off the top of my head
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 2:31 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by kierry
    well, una does manage the bleedin' bleedin's, so y'know she would be always on about them.
    that makes sense - was always wondering why she was plugging them. dreadful band. sorry una!
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/25/2005 2:33 PM
    ditto! (sorry)
    Miss Vaughan

--
    8/25/2005 3:27 PM
    Pravda is actually pretty amazing for live music. It really works and there's good guys running it now. Check out King Kong on Wednesday nights.
    mutch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/25/2005 4:40 PM
    its very good for acoustic acts, and not bad for bands, not perfect for bands, but as any contributor to this site probably knows, theres not alot of perfection around Dublin's venues!:) the tiger beer is nice though! AND the last time i was there the barlady(person, whatever, pc and all that nonsense) actually made a point to get me a cold one from the fridge instead of the usual fifo method (first in first out for you nerds who dont know about accounting!)
    MrGreen

--
    8/25/2005 6:04 PM
    Great wknd in store,here's my wishlist,time permitting ofcourse FRIDAY Polar The Rags Mainline Idlewild The Mighty Stef SATURDAY ITO Dry Country Exit : Persued by a bear (pure interest) Panda Kopanda Mundy Stagger Lee Betamax Format SUNDAY The Shakes Andalusia The Urges Chuzzle Haven't seen alot of these acts so am well up for getting about and checking them out. Peace.
    Una
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/25/2005 8:38 PM
    Don't manage them - just do their European press.
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/26/2005 9:45 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Una
    Don't manage them - just do their European press.
    jeeez thats worse!! have u ever heard of "conflict of interest"? does your editor in the event guide know that?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>