You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
Gar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
5/31/2005 10:50 PM
    This is very much an exhausted topic but something to throw out there, as I'm sure some people will come up with something different than a Star Wars theme tune by John Williams. It can be music, but if any songs stand out at particular times in a scene of any movie let us know. Of course there is the infamous 'Stuck In The Middle' by Steeler's Wheel in 'Reservoir Dogs'. But what else? I'll start it off with 'Black Betty' by Ram Jam from the Blow soundtrack. It's the scene where Johnny Depp is strolling through the airport with his shades and white suit on, thinking that he is the coolest muthaf**ka alive.......great scene!!!!
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    5/31/2005 11:15 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gar
    This is very much an exhausted topic but something to throw out there, as I'm sure some people will come up with something different than a Star Wars theme tune by John Williams. It can be music, but if any songs stand out at particular times in a scene of any movie let us know. Of course there is the infamous 'Stuck In The Middle' by Steeler's Wheel in 'Reservoir Dogs'. But what else?
    All of the songs in 'Team America'
    ishrink
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/1/2005 12:36 AM
    The Kronos Quartet music in Requiem for a Dream. The scene with a forlorn Ellen Burnstein making her way to the TV office. Fantastic.
    Carlsberg
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/1/2005 1:14 AM
    the score from enemy at the gates.... number of times its used is too often to mention but there are one or two scenes when its very powerful... also the music from Liza Gerrard used on The Insider when Russell Crowe is awaiting his case to begin.
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/1/2005 3:08 AM
    Apocalypse now, Wagner and choppers.
    benni
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/1/2005 8:21 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by ishrink
    The Kronos Quartet music in Requiem for a Dream. The scene with a forlorn Ellen Burnstein making her way to the TV office. Fantastic.
    Oh man... top top choice... that was the first thing that came into my head seriously. Everything about that scene from the cinematography and camera effect to the music... mind blowing.
    themire

--
    6/1/2005 8:23 AM
    seen raging bull a few days ago and the classical music used while de niro is bouncing around the ring in slow motion is great. like the elliott smith stuff in good will hunting too.
    LooseFir

--
    6/1/2005 8:30 AM
    Beck's cover of Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime in Eternal Sunshine, amazing film, amazing music
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/1/2005 8:36 AM
    Good Vibrations in Vanilla Sky when Tom Cruise starts to freak out, genius!
    Pilchard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/1/2005 8:41 AM
    does the small screen count? Have become addicted to The Wire in recent weeks and the use of the Blind Boys of Alabama's "Down In The Hole" as the theme tune is a stroke of genius
    WhoMe
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/1/2005 9:01 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by spurtacus
    Good Vibrations in Vanilla Sky when Tom Cruise starts to freak out, genius!
    Have to agree there Not really a movie but, bowling for columbine "What a wonderfull World" ending with one of the planes hitting the world trade centre, strangest moment in the cinema ever
    pockets

--
    6/1/2005 10:01 AM
    the bit near the end of Vanilla Sky Where ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space, by spiritualized is being played - by Jaysus, shakey legs moment there!
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/1/2005 10:15 AM
    All the music in Vanilla Sky is amazin and perfectly suited to whats goin on, the last few scenes are mind blowin
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/1/2005 10:23 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Unicron
    Apocalypse now, Wagner and choppers.
    absolutely, what a scene, or sticking to a vietnam theme, what about Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbits in the bunker scene from Platoon, suits it perfectly, also, i think that the bit in Almost Famous where they play "Tiny Dancer" is pretty class, captures a mood very well
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/1/2005 10:48 AM
    My fave movie music moment is still Echo and the Bunnymens' "Killing Moon" in the opening scenes of Donnie Darko. It really pulls you into the movie, especially the first time you see it. Its interesting how in some movies, the music used is more a refelction of whats perceived to be trendy and cool at the time more than what actually suits the movie. Just watched "The Saint" on DVD again, which was from around 1997 and you've got all the usual Mid 90s suspects, Orbital (who did the theme tune, which in fairness actually does suit the movie), Sneaker Pimps, Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Moby (when he still kinda did techno), Fluke, Luscious Jackson, Dreadzone, Everything but the Girl and Daft Punk. Smashing Pumpkins cover of the Cars "You're all I've got tonight" appears briefly but doesn't make it onto the soundtrack CD. Most of the songs on the soundtrack are definitely qualty stuff, but you get the feeling they were picked more so they would make a good soundtrack CD compilation that would be easy to sell rather than picked for any specific reason relating to the actual movie itself.
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/1/2005 11:06 AM
    Cameron Crowe and Nancy Wilson are usually spot on with their soundtracks. The 'Almost Famous' soundtrack suits the tone and mood of the entire movie, 'Vanilla Sky' fuses some odd tunes (Cameron Diaz singing 'I Fell Apart) with some tender tracks (Jeff Buckley 'Last Goodbye'), even 'Singles' has some decent tunes. The scene with Penny Lane dancing on her own to 'The Wind' by Cat Stevens or 'Sparks' by The Who playing when William Miller discovers his sister's record collection are great examples of how Crowe uses music effectively in certain scenes. Although for setting a dramatic scene with some chilling music, the prize has to be spilt between John Williams and Ennio Morricone.
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/1/2005 11:23 AM
    i've yet to see any of the movies he's soundtracked but any Piero Piccioni music i've heard has been top notch
    Norman Schwarzkopf
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/1/2005 11:44 AM
    "Jumping Jack Flash" as Johnny Boy enters the bar in Mean Streets, also "Be My Baby" at the titles of Mean Streets, "Sunshine of Your Love" in Goodfellas with DeNiro at the bar. A Spanish version of "Crying" in Mulholland Drive, "Satisfaction" in Apocalypse Now. "Johnny B. Goode" in Back To The Future! (Also, "Earth Angel" and to a lesser extent "The Power Of Love". Ahem.)
    Norman Schwarzkopf
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/1/2005 11:47 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Binokular
    Most of the songs on the soundtrack are definitely qualty stuff, but you get the feeling they were picked more so they would make a good soundtrack CD compilation that would be easy to sell rather than picked for any specific reason relating to the actual movie itself.
    Yes, the result of the notorious "Music From & Inspired by the Motion Picture". I remember seeing that Cast song "Alright" on the soundtrack for Batman Forever! Dont remember that scally anthem popping up in Gotham City funny enough.
    Daragh
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    6/1/2005 11:50 AM
    jaysus, how could i forget. The Gypsy Kings - Hotel California from the Big Lebowski... Dios Mios!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>