You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Eric
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
11/30/2004 12:20 PM
    I don’t really get to see a huge amount of music videos anymore with MTV (general) being unwatchable and removal of 'no disco' - anyways.. What are your top 5 music videos of all time? I'll get the ball rolling.... 1. Thriller- M Jackson 2. Praise you – Fatboy slim 3. Foo Fighters – Learning to fly 4. Sledge hammer - Peter Gabriel 5. Paranoid android - Radiohead
    mutch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/30/2004 12:42 PM
    I'd probably have to agree with you with that list aside from Praise you, I'd put in the Queens of the Stone Age video for "Go With The Flow". Also rans are Faith No Mores Epic for the fish at the end and plug me in by mouse on mars (i think thats the name of the artist/band) cos its just wierd and sexy. best/worst is korn's video where the cartoon character is mutilating himself. REALLY bad stuff to watch while not 100% with the rest of the planet.
    Wicker
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/30/2004 1:02 PM
    what no Aphex twin ..... tsk tsk (would definately, ditch the Praise you entry)
    elle

--
    11/30/2004 1:06 PM
    in no particular order hope of the states - the red the white the black the blue Muse - stolkholm syndrome radiohead - fade out Rolling stones - sympathy for the devil ok thats all i can think of off hand coz there's just so many i'm sure, probably something by blur or foo fighters should be in there, i dunno
    Karlito
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/30/2004 1:25 PM
    Well I agree with Wicker, you definitley have to have an Aphex Twin one in there, I have no preference...others are Electric Six - Radio Gaga - Reincarnation of Freddie Mercury anyone?? Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal - although does it count because it's taken from Moonwalker?? Daft Punk - Around The World Badly Drawn Boy - Probably nearly any of the vids By no means are these the best produced or the most original ideas, but fun, all of them!!!
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/30/2004 1:28 PM
    Daft Punks video for Da Funk is better than All Around The World, Unkles Lonely Soul video is pure class, also the video for Radioheads Just
    Optimus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/30/2004 1:35 PM
    My 5: Nik Kershaw - Wouldnt It Be Good? Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake Do The Evolution - Pearl Jam November Rain - Guns N' Roses Big Bang Baby - Stone Temple Pilots
    elle

--
    11/30/2004 1:38 PM
    oh i just thought of the one i was trying to think of earlier... cooper temple clause - blind pilots - U know the video with the guy and he turns into kind of minotaur then into a ram or something at the end of it???It's good anyway!
    kierry
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11/30/2004 1:41 PM
    good videos: bjork - all is full of love white stripes - dead leaves on the dirty ground white stripes - the hardest button to button foo fighters - everlong aphex twin - windowlicker aphex twin - come to daddy radiohead - just radiohead - no surprises blur - coffee & tv outkast - hey ya Nirvane - heart shaped box devo - whip it methinks.
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11/30/2004 2:01 PM
    The Avalanches - "Since I left you" - Yep, the one with the fat dancing coal miner. Beautiful, funny and surreal. New Order - "The Perfect Kiss" - Probably one of New Orders' most straightforward videos, as opposed to the delightful random weirdness of "Blue Monday". It's just them playing in the studio, but this being New Order, it still manages to be a bit strange, the band never seems to look directly at the camera, almost as if they were hesitant to be filmed, or just plain oblivious. Plus it features a fantastic bit of cowbell playing from Mr. Sumner, years before The Rapture made it cool again. Chemical Brothers - "Get yourself high" - Kung Fu! Ghetto Blasters! what more do you want? Beastie Boys - "Sabotage" -- 70s cop shows, donuts (both the car and confectionary varieties), blowing stuff up! cool... Kraftwerk - "Autobahn"-- Remember they used to show it on RTE as a filler between programs? I haven't seen it in years, for a young kid in the early 80s before cable, it was probably the trippiest thing ever.. besides "Wanderly Wagon" of course.
    Antistar
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11/30/2004 7:03 PM
    Anything by Chris Cunningham and.... 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'. Probably the only instance where video takes on as much significance as the song, or where 2 very distinct art forms merge into one perfect unit.Those cheerleaders with the red anarchy symbols on their tops! Don Henley: 'Boys Of Summer' dEUS: 'Instant Street'
    mick
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/1/2004 1:00 AM
    radiohead - just unkle - rabbit in your headlights many others cant think of now...
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/1/2004 8:34 AM
    s**t it was rabbit in your headlights i was thinkin of, not lonely soul, good choices mick!
    mick
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/1/2004 1:16 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by spurtacus
    s**t it was rabbit in your headlights i was thinkin of, not lonely soul, good choices mick!
    nice one, rabbit in your headlights is amazing!!! another great video dunno if many of you will have seen it, is snow patrol's velocity girl vid. its a bonnie and clyde type idea. saw it on no disco years ago. super video. was the reason i bought their first album.
    WhoMe
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/2/2004 8:50 AM
    All is full of love (Is f**king amazing). the first time i saw this i had a lump in then back of my throat. Anyone know the name of that recent enough UNKLE song, its a animmated video with these little bubblemen creatures that turn into these insectoid things. The song and video are amazing. Probably my favorite video ever.
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12/2/2004 10:53 AM
    Tom Petty has a cool dvd with about 10 of his music videos on it. Cameron Crowe directed one and various famous actors appeared in some of them.
    bonzo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/2/2004 11:00 AM
    THRILLER - has to be.
    caps lock

--
    12/2/2004 12:46 PM
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned Weezer's Buddy Holly video-it's an absolute classic. I also like the Foo's Learning to Fly , its great for comedy value.I'm also a big fan of the very simple but effective Star Guitar video
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12/2/2004 1:02 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by caps lock
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned Weezer's Buddy Holly video
    Brings back too many memories of MS windows 95
    Archie
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/3/2004 6:49 PM
    I've always liked Black Hole Sun, just because it fits the eerie feel of the song so well. Stockholm Syndrome's good too. Why is it that when I go to write answers to these things I can never actually think of any? I know there's another...
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>