You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Gar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10/18/2004 1:57 PM
    ...Any good albums soon to be released that people are anxious to get? Maybe the new U2 or Kings Of Leon records. Any others?
    mutch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/18/2004 2:02 PM
    too many let downs have left me bitter and disillusioned!
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/18/2004 2:14 PM
    i dont know
    Brain of G
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/18/2004 2:47 PM
    Well the new Rammstein album was released recently I think. Does anyone know what it's like? If it's anywhere as near as good as "Mutter" it should be well worth getting
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/18/2004 2:51 PM
    i haven't heard it
    vandala
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/18/2004 3:04 PM
    New Kings of Leon LP got a stunning review in the Observer yesterday. In my experience (unlike the Irish Times, for example), the Observer's music critics are usually right on the money. Having said that, I wouldn't be bothered buying it myself.
    Eric
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/18/2004 3:12 PM
    Has anyone heard Perry Blake's new album? Its getting good reviews in the press. I have his preivous album 'California' and its excellent. Also interested in hearing Declan O'Rourke's new album. Spurtacus, any interesting comments?...
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/18/2004 3:16 PM
    i havent heard it anyway to be honest with ye
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10/18/2004 3:49 PM
    Declan O'Rourke's debut album is top class. I've been listening to it non stop all weekend. Am currently writing a review on it so will let you all get a further insight into it by the end of the week. Did anyone get that new Bob Dylan book?
    QsySue
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/18/2004 3:50 PM
    Isis - Panopticon http://www.sgnl05.com/
    spurtacus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/18/2004 5:03 PM
    enough of my messin, i'm really lookin forward to new orders new album, not sure when its out though,anyone got any info on it?
    Eric
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/19/2004 9:08 AM
    No
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10/19/2004 10:53 AM
    Just got Interpol's new one 'Antics' - bit of a grower..wasn't sure if I liked it, but starting to really like it now. Kings of Leon's new stuff at the last gig here was amazing (played some of it at Oxyegen too) so the new album should be a good 'un...think it's out next week.
    mutch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/19/2004 11:08 AM
    is cliff richard going for a christmas single? some achiver in fairness. 50's, 60's, 70's 80's 90's...and wired for sound, the video is pure hillarity, I recommend it to anyone who is feeling the winter blues. roller skates, yellow socks, MASSIVE yellow walkman, oh yes. Cliff had bling bling initially old boy. seriously though, big thing i'm looking forward to is the therapy? gig in the ambassador (best venue in Dublin) and the mysteriously posted ROL gig in the same venue. in terms of CD's, josh homme is working on something but I havent heard it yet. but the lads a bit of a safe bet when it comes to guitar based gritty rock. I'm also anxious to see what fun christmas songs the macdonalds of music makers will throw at the kids this year. NOW 76...what is that compilatio up to now? Crazy.
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10/19/2004 11:53 AM
    Ive preordered the new Kings of leon album. Ive heard it takes a couple of listens to get into but its supposed to be class. 5 stars in the observer The new interpol album is a grower, ive got some favourites on it already.. i like it, now if they would only get off their *sses and announce an irish gig. My bet for 2005 is a band called the constantines, from canada.. the lead singer has a touch of mark lanegan in his voice and the band a touch of the screaming trees....hence me likes.
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10/19/2004 1:16 PM
    I would again encourage Cluas readers to get their hands on 'Gospel at Collonus' (Nonsuch). It is still available on Amazon.com but stocks are limited. After you have heard it, the Blind Boys more recent releases will pale in comparison.
    Optimus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10/19/2004 2:23 PM
    Guns N' Roses well overdue record InMe's overdue record I'm sure there was more...
    thethirdplace

--
    10/20/2004 12:57 AM
    Bought the new Jimmy Eat World album.. FUTURES. After waiting so long for it to arrive I am a little dissappointed about it. Not awful by any means but just not where they left off from the last one... which was on the up. Anyways..
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10/20/2004 8:30 AM
    I'd recommend The Trashcan Sinatras latest (after a period of 8 years due to going bankrupt when their record company went bust in 1996). It is called Weightlifting and is a class act. As mentioned previously in this thread, it got an excellent review in the Guardian (sunday version of which is the Observer) and which I agree is the best newspaper for reviews....
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10/20/2004 5:16 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Eric
    Also interested in hearing Declan O'Rourke's new album.
    I've heard it, don't get your hopes up.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>