You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Optimus
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
9/24/2004 2:01 PM
    The rules: 5 records. NO ALTERNATIVES. Double Albums are allowed. Mine Are: Blue Oyster Cult Greatest Hits The Empire Strikes Back Soundtrack Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds Duran Durans Greatest Hits Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction Somehow, somewhere, I feel like I'm setting up for a right ripping!
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/24/2004 2:14 PM
    Mmmm if it's stuck on a desert island, blissed out with the sun shining, it'll have to be... 1. Air - Talkie Walkie 2. John Martyn - Solid Air 3. Cafe del mar - Vol. 6 4. Jeff Buckley - Grace 5. Merz - Merz 6. Our Aim Is to Satisfy Red Snapper - Red Snapper
    Optimus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2004 2:16 PM
    Jeff Buckley.....Of course...That one shoulda been mine. No matter!
    Optimus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2004 2:17 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dromed
    1. Air - Talkie Walkie 2. John Martyn - Solid Air 3. Cafe del mar - Vol. 6 4. Jeff Buckley - Grace 5. Merz - Merz 6. Our Aim Is to Satisfy Red Snapper - Red Snapper
    Thats ONE too many!!!!! You're not paying attention to the rules...
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/24/2004 2:33 PM
    This tough one, only five and I'm not as good as Dromed at sneaking that 6th one past customs 1. The Chemical Brothers - Surrender, or Exit Planet dust, ooh, I can't decide, flip a coin or something 2. Adult. - Resuscitation 3. New Order - Substance (I'd really be tempted to go for "Low Life", but substance wins purely on quantity) 4. Felix da Houscat - Thee Kittenz and Thee Glitz 5. Lali Puna - Scary World Theory The real problem is as you can see, is that I'd just tend to pick five of your favourite records, which in my case are pretty similar, all being dance/electronic records. I could see myself cursing myself for making such an unbalanced choice and wishing I'd brought some other genres or something more chilled out to balance it all out.
    mutch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2004 2:40 PM
    faith no more - angel dust the band - greatest hits metallica - master of puppets leftfield - leftism bringing it all back hom- the soundtrack/various artists. my 6th past cutoms would be, auh, suppose seein as i'd be on a beach, the soundtrack to the...no im not typing that. no more coffee. thats it. im a tea man from here on out. seriously though the soundtrack to butch cassidyand the sundance kid, for that tune at the end. to remind me that even though im on a desert island, it could be raining. wont be much comfort once the scurvy kicks in though.
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/24/2004 2:50 PM
    Leftfield - Leftism! Of course! how could I leave that out! Dump Felix Da Housecat?, yeah its probably gotta go in favour of Leftism, tough choice, but theres too much Electro in my choices already. On the other hand, Felixs album is so much fun! This is wrecking me 'ead, flip a coin again I think. Can't I just bring a fully loaded 40GB iPod instead? aw pleeeaaaassse....
    Optimus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2004 3:17 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Binokular
    Leftfield - Leftism! Of course! how could I leave that out! Dump Felix Da Housecat?, yeah its probably gotta go in favour of Leftism, tough choice, but theres too much Electro in my choices already. On the other hand, Felixs album is so much fun! This is wrecking me 'ead, flip a coin again I think. Can't I just bring a fully loaded 40GB iPod instead? aw pleeeaaaassse....
    No! You havent begged nearly enough!
    bonzo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2004 3:20 PM
    ANGEL DUST!!! What a great record.
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/24/2004 3:24 PM
    Please, please, please, please.. oooh look WHATTHEHELLISTHAT? *sneaks iPod onto the boat when optimus' back is turned*
    Punchbowl
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2004 3:24 PM
    Just because it's a Desert Island doesn't mean the music has to be ' Sunny ' does it ?? I'd like to think, ' Top Five Records for when you're locked in a Damp Dungeon ' may be more appropriate... Anyway : Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express The Pernice Brothers - Yours,Mine and Ours Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is not a cold dead place Wilco - Being There For those familar with the above it was tough choice. I think I like a few albums better ( HeartWorm, Scary World Theory ) but I think soemthing of the quality of the above five endures. Turn on the Bright lights is all out rock. Albeit a reto tinged affair, when it's got soul it really hits you where it should. The Krafterk record is the only real Electronic record I never bore of. It's all very chilled but it's all very good. The Wilco one I choose purely because it was a double, but it was close with Yankee not far off ( If only for ' I am Trying to break your heart ' ... ANyway, that's mine. Who cares?
    The_Thin_Man
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2004 4:13 PM
    Neil Young's On The Beach (.....sorry)
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/24/2004 4:31 PM
    quote:
    Thats ONE too many!!!!! You're not paying attention to the rules...
    Ha ha ha! I'm such a sneak...but I have been smuggling through customs for years and it's a hard habit to break...! Binokular...better make that a solar-powered iPod !!
    Brain of G
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2004 4:40 PM
    Actually speaking of solar-powered iPods, how do ye plan on listening to these CDs or whatever for your (presumably very long) stay on this desert island. Are ye entitled to bring a lifetime supply of batteries?
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/24/2004 4:47 PM
    No problemo, I could power it off of one of those wind up power suplies, Or just plug it into everybodys favourite Transformer robot, Optimus. He's been wondering why he's been feeling a little drained today.
    Brain of G
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2004 4:54 PM
    quote:
    Or just plug it into everybodys favourite Transformer robot, Optimus.
    You shouldn't have let us know he was a robot. Remember..."Transformers, robots in disguise". Now his disguise has been made transparent!
    Gar
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/24/2004 10:10 PM
    I'd usually bring my ipod with me. But to stay inside the rules, I'd go with: The Beatles 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' Tom Waits 'Heart Of Saturday Night' Joni Mitchell 'Misles Of Aisles' Bob Dylan 'Blood On The Tracks' Queen 'Greatest Hits I' Soooo many that I would also like to throw in there aswell like 'Harvest' by Neil Young, 'Astral Weeks' by Van Morrison, 'Greatest Hits' by The Kinks', 'Morrison Hotel' by The Doors, 'Gold' by Ryan Adams, 'MTV Unplugged' by Nirvana, 'Golden Age Of Radio' by Josh Ritter', 'Grace' by Jeff Buckley, 'Unearthed' by Johnny Cash, 'The Revolution Starts Now' by Steve Earle.....way too hard to leave so many great albums behind!!!!
    Optimus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/25/2004 8:19 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Brain of G
    Actually speaking of solar-powered iPods, how do ye plan on listening to these CDs or whatever for your (presumably very long) stay on this desert island. Are ye entitled to bring a lifetime supply of batteries?
    Yes. Yes you are. And those are the rules, that I just made up!
    Optimus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/25/2004 8:26 AM
    quote:
    No problemo, I could power it off of one of those wind up power suplies, Or just plug it into everybodys favourite Transformer robot, Optimus. He's been wondering why he's been feeling a little drained today.
    quote:
    Originally posted by Brain of G
    quote:
    Or just plug it into everybodys favourite Transformer robot, Optimus.
    You shouldn't have let us know he was a robot. Remember..."Transformers, robots in disguise". Now his disguise has been made transparent!
    Yeah man. My cover's completely blown. I'll have to change my name to something less conspicuous....Fortress Maximus....yes. That'll do. That'll do nicely.
    Optimus
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/25/2004 8:28 AM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Optimus
    The rules: 5 records. NO ALTERNATIVES. Double Albums are allowed. Mine Are: Blue Oyster Cult Greatest Hits The Empire Strikes Back Soundtrack Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds Duran Durans Greatest Hits Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction Somehow, somewhere, I feel like I'm setting up for a right ripping!
    Unfortunately I'm going to have to remove Duran Duran from there. Heres my new list: Blue Oyster Cult Greatest Hits The Empire Strikes Back Soundtrack Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds The Mexican Pets - The Voice of Trucker Youth Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>