You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
stephen
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
4/7/2004 10:37 AM
    You can hear the new album here... http://wilco.c.topica.com/maab7ztaa5OfOa6Ut74e
    stephen
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/7/2004 10:43 AM
    Have just listened to the first three songs... they are EXTRAORDINARY!
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    4/7/2004 12:05 PM
    Excellent. What a band, right out there. "I am trying to Break Your Heart" from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is (IMHO) one of the finest pieces of music in recent times.
    Ciarán Ryan

--
    4/7/2004 12:31 PM
    "Being There" is one of those rare treats - a non fat double album
    johnny cash

--
    4/7/2004 1:29 PM
    Excellent album!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    4/7/2004 1:29 PM
    Apparently, Jeff Tweedy went into rehab today for p[ain killer addiction brought on by his migraine (which is pretty excrutiating, if a DVD of the making of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is anything to by). Album launch has been put back to 22nd June as a result.
    Dwight

--
    4/8/2004 9:27 AM
    Summer Teeth is so good it is ridiculous! Haven't heard the double cd one yet (lazy bas that I am) but Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is qualitay also. How come they get shag all recognition over here? BTW I heard that the new album got leaked and the band are asking anybody who gets the tunes to donate money to a charity website but I don't know the address. I think I saw it on Thumped.
    Eric
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/8/2004 10:58 AM
    Just to add to the comments - Being there is a fine, fine piece of work. Looking forward to hearing the new album. By the way has anyone ever seen them live, are they worth a look?
    Eric
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/8/2004 10:59 AM
    Just to add to the comments - Being there is a fine, fine piece of work. Looking forward to hearing the new album. By the way has anyone ever seen them live, are they worth a look?
    tommythecatz

--
    4/8/2004 1:51 PM
    I saw them in the Olympia a few years ago when they were touring "Summerteeth". They were fantastic. Their Musicianship is amazing live too. They are well worth catching if possible
    amawaster
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/14/2004 4:23 PM
    According to their website, wilco are playing oxegen. f**kin brilliant, these are one of the best bands going I've been a fan for years and I finally get to see them. it's just like Gabrielle said , "Dreams can come true.."
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    4/14/2004 5:30 PM
    STONES!! Godammit I HATE when bands you like play festivals. Hopefully Oxegen don't rate Wilco highly enough to tie them into not playing any other gigs when they are here. I'm guessing they'll go down like the Titanic unless they are in one of the smaller tents.
    amawaster
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/15/2004 1:23 AM
    I hear you, sometimes festival performances are such a let down. but at least people who i keep banging on about them to might check em out
    The_Thin_Man
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/16/2004 8:58 AM
    I had the same fear when Calexico were billed at Witnness last year. Cometh the hour, cometh the band - they ended up filling the big tent - everyone dancing - burritos a go go! Speaking of Wilco, no-one's yet mentioned their Woody Guthrie album - California Stars being one of the finest songs of the 90s, in my opinion...
    amawaster
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/16/2004 9:51 AM
    and the forties
    sweetie
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/16/2004 2:27 PM
    Being there and yhf are both in my top ten of all time I reckon. Wasn't so pushed on a.m. or summerteeth but saw them in whelans supporting being there a few years back and due to my youthful exubarance (and copious amounts of alcohol) i ended up on stage with them holding a guitar and singing whole lotta love even though I can't play or sing. Met them outside the gig after and all they were interested in was scoring some hash. Missed the olympia gig but saw them in the ambassador on the yhf tour where they blew me away again. Tweedy is a grumpy fecker but understandably considering his illness and imho the best songwriter of our generation.
    stephen
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/16/2004 4:18 PM
    Wilco are now touring Europe in June/July. http://wilcoworld.net/tours/index.html Dublin on July 11th.,..
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    4/16/2004 4:28 PM
    If only Oxegen were in Dublin and not a field in the boonies (sigh).
    Punchbowl
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/20/2004 1:54 PM
    Oh I'm excited about this. Having not yet ever purchasing a Wilco album I'm looking forward to feverishly devouring the back catalouge. But first I need the right album to start me off. What one would you reccomend??
    flagman
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/20/2004 2:40 PM
    Summerteeth is class.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>