Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Archie
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
3/12/2009 11:07 AM
    Going to Cork for a couple of days (one of which is Paddy's Day) - since, to my shame, I've never been to Cork before, does anyone have any suggestions for things to do and see? Music or otherwise.
    host

--
    3/12/2009 12:56 PM
    Binokular should swing in here on this. He lived there for a few years I think...
    G500

--
    3/12/2009 1:45 PM
    Don a sandwich board bearing the words; "Support the County board. Fuck the begrudgers." Proceed to walk up and down Washington Street. Marvel at the general public's reaction. That should kill a few hours.
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/13/2009 4:18 AM
    Posted By host on 12 Mar 2009 12:56 PM
    Binokular should swing in here on this. He lived there for a few years I think...

Yeah, but that was a few years ago too, and I haven't been back much sadly. It's a different city now, they even closed the lobby. *sobs*
    aidan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    3/13/2009 6:15 AM
    Posted By G500 on 12 Mar 2009 01:45 PM
    Don a sandwich board bearing the words; "Support the County board. Fuck the begrudgers." Proceed to walk up and down Washington Street. Marvel at the general public's reaction. That should kill a few hours.
    Ooh, topical!

Is Freakscene still going?
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    3/16/2009 2:06 AM
    Posted By aidan on 13 Mar 2009 06:15 AM
    Is Freakscene still going?

In name anyway, it was revived a while back and I think is still going. It's not going to be the same though is it? Just another "indie" night.
    Paryon

--
    3/19/2009 3:03 AM
    Yeah i got one.
    Keep your head down, and head for the station and take the train to Dublin.
    PeterQuaife
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/19/2009 5:30 AM
    Posted By Paryon on 19 Mar 2009 03:03 AM
    Yeah i got one.
    Keep your head down, and head for the station and take the train to Dublin.

good one

I'll be heading down again for the annual pilgrimmage to the Mid Summer festival. All we do is head to the gigs we've planned on going to, have stout and food during the day in pubs / restaurants I can never remember the names of with the exception of Callanans which is a super spot for a pint and a game of rings

If you havent got a bed sorted, I'm sorting for June now...the Montenotte (4*) is doing rooms, sleeping 2 for €69, the Ashley Hotel, is a grip I stayed in last year, which is charging crazy prices dirty rooms and sh!t service, so avoid, although its opposite the Sine Bar which serves quare Murphys. The Bru Hostel is a good spot to put the head down, and cheap.

not much help

PQ

You are not authorized to post a reply.