Crayonsmith 'White Wonder'
    Carly Sings 'The Glove Thief'
    Ham Sandwich 'Carry The Meek'
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/12/2008 3:24 AM
    Really liked what I've heard of Year of the Husband by The Dudley Corporation

Also, want to check out Robotnik's album. Saw him supporting Operator Please a few months back and he was deadly
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/12/2008 3:26 AM
    Have to admit that most Irish music passed me by this year
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/12/2008 7:39 AM
    also hope to get a copy of citizen brain by a band called gama bomb. saw them play last week and they were deadly fun. really good laugh
    Idiot Kid
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/15/2008 3:53 AM
    I think it's been a pretty good year for Irish albums. Ham Sandwich, Rep. of Loose, Dudley's, Lisa Hannigan and Escape Act have all released really good albums.

I think Hannigan's surprised me the most. I was expecting 'O' without the male vocals and her previous attempt at writing (unplayed piano) didn't exactly fill me with confidence but I was pleased that she seems to have distanced herself from that one man and his guitar sound and used some really interesting arrangements. Dudley's was great too, gets better with every listen. Escape Act's debut was pretty good as well, very catchy.
    Trix

--
    12/17/2008 2:49 AM
    Posted By whiterob81 on 12 Dec 2008 3:24 AM
    Also, want to check out Robotnik's album. Saw him supporting Operator Please a few months back and he was deadly

I saw him at Knockanstockan during the summer and picked up the album a few weeks ago.
    Very good and well worth a listen!!
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/17/2008 3:03 AM
    Thanks for the tip Trix. I'll probably pick it up over the week
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12/17/2008 8:52 AM

That guy grinds my gears. Part of me hopes that one day I'll be at a gig he's opening at and he shoots me with his stupid f**king water pistol so I can give him a slap.

A bigger part of me wishes I never have to see him open at another gig ever again.
    Quint
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/17/2008 7:01 PM
    1. David Holmes 'The Holy Pictures'
    2. The Hedge Schools 'Never Leave Anywhere'
    3. God Is An Astronaut 'God Is An Astronaut'
    4. Halfset 'Another Way Of Being There'
    5. Carly Sings 'The Glove Thief'
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/18/2008 3:12 AM
    Posted By Unicron on 17 Dec 2008 8:52 AM

That guy grinds my gears. Part of me hopes that one day I'll be at a gig he's opening at and he shoots me with his stupid f**king water pistol so I can give him a slap.

A bigger part of me wishes I never have to see him open at another gig ever again.

I thought he was really entertaining. wouldn't mind seeing him again. I've seen so many terrible support bands who put in no effort over the years that it was a nice shock to see someone entertaining. it was great, he started off with probably the dreariest acoustic song ever but then turned into devo halfway through
    PeterQuaife
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/18/2008 5:34 AM
    Ilya K - anaesthesia ad infinitum
    David Holmes - the holy pictures

two brilliant albums

PQ
    You are not authorized to post a reply.