Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
starbelgrade
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
12/2/2008 11:05 PM
    .. nothing ever REALLY happens around here.

Last time I looked, complaining about Glen Hansard was APPEARANTLEY controversial.

What next - don't slag off Westlife or

god forbid, Samantha Mumba.

Fick sake.

Next thing you know... Coldplay will be in the end of year pole whereas Tricky will be just another also ran. Even Today FM have a new site. So I heard.

Blah blah bland.

Like British Sea Power. Without the britishness.

Or the sea.

Or any chance of power.
    Zeitguest

--
    12/8/2008 1:39 PM
    Funny.. it seemed a lot busier before you introduced your scattergun approach to posting. Or maybe it's just my imagination.
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12/11/2008 5:43 AM
    It's very quiet here alright, most of the old regulars don't post here anymore.

Posted By Zeitguest on 08 Dec 2008 1:39 PM
    Funny.. it seemed a lot busier before you introduced your scattergun approach to posting. Or maybe it's just my imagination.

Its been quiet for a while. Starbelgrade is a bit OTT in his comments sometimes, but at least he's entertaining and at least he's posting.

You can't force a forum to be good, this one does seem to have died a death over the past year, maybe it has had its time, maybe some new heads will come along and revitalise it. It's all down to the folks that chose to post really.
    vandala
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/11/2008 4:40 PM
    Interested to come across this thread now.

I used to read a lot and post on this thread quite often. Nowadays, I look at it about once a month.

However, for me, it's not about this forum per se. The novelty of posting in any kind of forum has worn off and is feeling kind of faddish to me. The appeal of "the democracy of opinion" too often just seems like a bunch of drunks shouting in a room.
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/12/2008 3:13 AM
    have to admit I find this forum pretty dull at times too but it's pretty much the only one I can get on to in work.

maybe starbelgrade should start a thread that'll get people talking

which i guess he just has!
    carry_grant

--
    12/12/2008 8:40 AM
    Posted By whiterob81 on 12 Dec 2008 3:13 AM
    have to admit I find this forum pretty dull at times too but it's pretty much the only one I can get on to in work.

Er, perhaps I could offer my tuppence worth on what state the Irish music scene is in. It is that time of year after all.
    PeterQuaife
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/12/2008 10:41 AM
    irish music scene...emm, the jurys out...i will just wait patiently for the next Franks record...

PQ
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/15/2008 2:29 AM
    Posted By carry_grant on 12 Dec 2008 8:40 AM
    Posted By whiterob81 on 12 Dec 2008 3:13 AM

Er, perhaps I could offer my tuppence worth on what state the Irish music scene is in. It is that time of year after all.

???

I'm sorry, it's very early Monday morning and already you've lost me
    carry_grant

--
    12/15/2008 8:42 AM
    It's that way .
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    12/16/2008 7:26 PM

A drunken scattergun approach, I'll have you mind. Must be yr imagination though - it's certainly hasn't been any LESS busy!
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12/17/2008 3:01 AM
    Posted By starbelgrade on 16 Dec 2008 7:26 PM

A drunken scattergun approach, I'll have you mind. Must be yr imagination though - it's certainly hasn't been any LESS busy!

dude, why would you come on here when you're drunk? shouldn't you be out gettin yr hole or passin out or summat?
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    1/19/2009 8:23 PM
    I'm oblivious to the scenarious of getting laid or passing out. Musak is FAR more important. Or is it impotent? A few months back someone tried to "inform" me that Manic Street Prerachers were musically historically important. What next.. a Kings of Leon support group?!
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/20/2009 3:38 AM
    Dude, your priorities are either pretty f***** or you're a virgin.

Was it end of exams last night? I'm just wondering because I did notice an awful lot of vomit around the streets on my way to work this morning. especially around trinity.

Manic Street Preachers had 2 great albums back in the 90's, the holy bible and everything must go. Everything else they brought out was a little ropey
    PeterQuaife
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/21/2009 10:50 AM
    'everything must go' was a very poor cousin of 'gold against the soul' in my money

and can we lay off british sea power...dont want anyone getting hurt...a band who poo better albums than most

PQ
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    1/21/2009 7:14 PM
    Posted By whiterob81 on 20 Jan 2009 03:38 AM
    Dude, your priorities are either pretty f***** or you're a virgin.

Was it end of exams last night? I'm just wondering because I did notice an awful lot of vomit around the streets on my way to work this morning. especially around trinity.

Manic Street Preachers had 2 great albums back in the 90's, the holy bible and everything must go. Everything else they brought out was a little ropey

Hey - that's not very nice... I could be a eunuch for all you know.

starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    1/21/2009 7:36 PM

Everybody who posts here lives in Dublin.. that's why there's always puke outside Trinity. It's not always me dude.
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/22/2009 10:04 AM
    Dude, you make less and less sense by the day.

Gold against the soul had some cracking tunes on it, smoe of their best stuff. Some pretty average stuff on it too that's dated pretty badly like the title track and junk junk junky or whatever it was called. sleepflower's a cracking tune though, and one that the band seem to have disowned for some reason
    You are not authorized to post a reply.