You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
John Doe
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
9/19/2008 2:49 AM
    ......the new Hold Steady album. Cracking band, great lyricist. Top notch live outfit as well.

Sadly, the new CSS album hasn't enthralled me the way their debut did, though further listens might help?
    Dovers

--
    9/19/2008 6:51 AM
    Glasvegas debut album. Very nice indeed, should be a good gig in the Academy in december
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/19/2008 6:57 AM
    Little Boots - Stuck on Repeat (single)

Morodertastic.
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/20/2008 12:50 PM
    The Last Shadow Puppets "The Age of the Understatement"

Sigur Ros "með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust"

And just been re-visting an album I haven't listened to since all the fuss in the media about Amy Winehouse.. her "Back to Black" album is pretty special imho.
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/22/2008 6:35 AM
    my girlfriend bought me the new metallica album yesterday. haven't heard all of it yet, but what i have listened to seems pretty damn good. quite like justice. it makes you realise how awful st. anger really was.

other stuff I'm loving...

i've mentioned it a few times: meanderthal by torche. absolutely awesome album. they're like a much heavier queens of the stone age

fabriclive 38 - caspa & rusko, some really great dubstep. probably one of the more accessible dubstep releases and a pretty good starting point.

nomeansno - all roads lead to ausfahrt. this band have been on the go for about 30 years and are still going strong. this album is out about 2 years at this stage but it's one of their best. also check out wrong.

andy c and dj hype fabric mix - very heavy drum and bass. savage tunes

simian mobile disco - they did a mix cd for mixmag back in december. you should try and get your hands on it.

death cab for cutie - the new album narrow stairs has some excellent stuff on it. it's also worth checking out transatlanticism

tool - lateralus - probably my favourite album ever. tracks 2 and 3 are amazing.

bad religion - new maps of hell

fleet foxes
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/22/2008 8:18 AM
    the futureheads new album is also pretty deadly
    Idiot Kid
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/22/2008 9:22 AM
    Very few new albums have made an impact on me of late. I'm not sure why but everything is starting to become a little boring, too many people trying too hard.

As I've mentioned in another thread I've been buying a lot of vinyl lately and I listened to Rory Gallagher's Calling Card quite a bit over the weekend, a great album with lashings of Deep Purple grandiose.
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/22/2008 9:42 AM
    Posted By Idiot Kid on 22 Sep 2008 9:22 AM
    Very few new albums have made an impact on me of late. I'm not sure why but everything is starting to become a little boring, too many people trying too hard.

As I've mentioned in another thread I've been buying a lot of vinyl lately and I listened to Rory Gallagher's Calling Card quite a bit over the weekend, a great album with lashings of Deep Purple grandiose.

I think one problem with music these days is that people are spoilt for choice because there's so much of it available. In a way, I think music has become less precious and more throwaway. There's a lot of stuff out there that I still love but I do seem to go through a lot of different bands at a regular enough pace.
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/22/2008 1:50 PM
    TV On The Radio - Dear Science,

Parenthetical Girls - Entanglements
    Quint
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/23/2008 4:51 PM
    Finding it increasingly hard to discover decent new music these days. So much boring, samey, derivative rubbish out there. There is great music to be found but you really have to work hard to find it.....anyway, lately I are be mostly be listening to the following....

Mogwai- The Hawk Is Howling. The masters return with their best album yet and that is really, really, REALLY saying something.

Barbara Morgenstern- 'Come To Berlin' (Telefon Tel Aviv remix)
    Manual- 'Until Tomorrow'
    My Bloody Valentine-Live MP3s from the ICA, London warm-up gigs.
    Friendly Fires- 'Jump In The Pool' Single
    Rone-'Bora'
    Nadja- 'Touched'
    Hermann & Klein 'Our Noise'
    Efterklang- 'Tripper'
    David Holmes- 'The Holy Pictures'
    Amiina- 'Kurr'
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/24/2008 12:35 AM
    Posted By Quint on 23 Sep 2008 4:51 PM

Cool! Didn't realise she had new stuff out, have two of her previous albums, "Nichts Muss" and "Grass is Always Greener". Recommended late night listening.
    floodzer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2008 2:50 AM
    Bit of a mix of new & old stuff:

Beck - Modern Guilt
    Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
    Cat Power - Jukebox
    dEUS - Vantage Point
    Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
    Jape - Rituals... Also just bought The Monkeys In The Zoo Have More Fun Than Me
    Portishead - Third
    The Postal Service... This doesnt seem to get old on me, much better than the new Death Cab album imo
    Radiohead - Amnesiac.. a return to some of the back catalogue after countless plays of In Rainbows
    Redneck Manifesto - Cut Your Heart Off From Your Head/Thirtysixstrings/I am Brazil/Seven Stabs... Ipod on shuffle
    Sigur Ros - með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
    Quint
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/24/2008 7:22 AM
    Posted By Binokular on 24 Sep 2008 12:35 AM

Cool! Didn't realise she had new stuff out, have two of her previous albums, "Nichts Muss" and "Grass is Always Greener". Recommended late night listening.

Yeah, she has a new EP out 'Come To Berlin'..her original track is good but the remix by Telefon Tel Aviv is fantastic and actually better. Just have the album she did with Robert Lippock (Tarwater, To Rococo Rot) called 'Tesri' but gonna check out more of her stuff...
    carry_grant

--
    9/24/2008 11:05 AM
    Finding it increasingly hard to discover decent new music these days. So much boring, samey, derivative rubbish out there. There is great music to be found but you really have to work hard to find it.....anyway, lately I are be mostly be listening to the following....

Mogwai- The Hawk Is Howling. The masters return with their best album yet and that is really, really, REALLY saying something.

Manual- 'Until Tomorrow'
    My Bloody Valentine-Live MP3s from the ICA, London warm-up gigs.
    Friendly Fires- 'Jump In The Pool' Single
    Rone-'Bora'
    Nadja- 'Touched'
    Hermann & Klein 'Our Noise'
    Efterklang- 'Tripper'
    David Holmes- 'The Holy Pictures'
    Amiina- 'Kurr'

The Hawk is Howling is a fine record but they'll do well to ever top Young Team.
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/25/2008 12:50 AM
    Osborne - "Air Pistol", from the album "Osborne"

Also got a chance to finally give Hot Chips "made in the Dark" album a proper listen in the car and it's definitely an enjoyable listen, though a little subdued I thought.
    whiterob81
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/25/2008 1:24 AM
    There's some great tracks on 'made in the dark' but i find it hard enough to sit through the whole thing for some reason. Was listening to 'the warning' earlier in the week. it's got some really nice tunes. "boy from school" is probably my favourite song by them
    PeterQuaife
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/25/2008 1:27 AM
    Fred
    Idiot Kid
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/25/2008 3:52 AM
    Also got a chance to finally give Hot Chips "made in the Dark" album a proper listen in the car and it's definitely an enjoyable listen, though a little subdued I thought.

I find that's a great album to clean your kitchen to. Roisin Murphy's Overpowered works better for bathrooms though.
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/25/2008 4:11 AM
    Roisin Murphy's Overpowered works better for bathrooms though.

haha, Overpowered by Flash! Try opening a window.
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/26/2008 5:45 PM
    Hot Chip make terrible albums with 2-3 purely savage tracks on them.. probably a bit like their musical tastes - check out their DJKicks compilation & you'll see what I mean!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>