Author Messages
PARTON
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
8/20/2008 7:59 AM
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0820/breaking239.htm

anyone see this yet?

who will replace him? Alison Curtis i reckon...

I for one despise Newstalks fluffy lightweight trendy liberal approach on everything but thats me...
    aidan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    8/20/2008 9:33 AM
    I suppose Tom Dunne will have a Ray D'Arcy-type show.

Aren't Today FM and Newstalk owned by the same company and in the same premises? Perhaps there'll be more moves or even job-sharing between the two stations...
    carry_grant

--
    8/20/2008 2:29 PM
    This matters, why?
    PeterQuaife
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/20/2008 11:52 PM
    ...because both Cluas and Tom Dunne lend an ear to the Irish music scene
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/21/2008 2:10 AM
    "This matters, why?"

christ if ever there was misuse of a moniker its here......Carry Grant, having read your previous posts your about as clever as Russell Grant

well because unless ratings are fixed alot of people listen to his music show and this is a music website dedicated to happenings in Irish music......
    carry_grant

--
    8/21/2008 5:49 AM
    Whereas your moniker is entirely apt - TIT.
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/21/2008 6:18 AM
    well better to be something you can suck on then someone who sucks full stop..

you're a doughnut mate.
    carry_grant

--
    8/21/2008 6:52 AM
    'someone who sucks', 'doughnut'.......you're clearly 17 so I'll explain this as simply as I can........
    Tom Dunne's show will be taken over by someone with the same brief - to continue the style of the show, with a heavy emphasis on Irish music. Witness his replacements, all of whom play as much, if not more, Irish music.
    The fact that they do it without Dunne's scarcely concealed smugness and relentless manufactured good cheer is a bonus - Leagues for one would be an ideal replacement.
    The show might serve its purpose but Dunne is eminently replaceable.
    And Parton, the fact that you've read over some of my old posts....Jesus Christ, it's time to open the curtains and enter the world you sad bastard.
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/21/2008 7:11 AM
    why do you have a problem with Tom Dunne personally? too young to remember Something Happens? am not 17....

"Dunne's scarcely concealed smugness and relentless manufactured good cheer"

my god what a pompous ignoramous you are mate.....having met and the fact that the missus has worked (yes worked!) with Tom Dunne previously, i can tell you he is not smug or pretentious....unlike yourself...

however someone who uses a 40s movie star as his moniker is particularly sad anyway....and before you retort with the third year arts vocab, my "moniker" is an anagram of my surname.
    carry_grant

--
    8/21/2008 7:20 AM
    Prat no? Unusual surname.
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/21/2008 7:23 AM
    and i actually had ten minutes downtime to click the button beside the name that shows you the posts...

and ye know what? I'd say your hitting 38/40, probably a failed musician, thinks he's the funniest comedian this side of RIO...and you probably like moddy f*ckers like Interpol and Arcade Fire,and i've seen many folks get upset with you previously on this site...

but one thing that stands out is that you hate Tom Dunne.....
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/21/2008 7:24 AM
    Hehehehe!!brilliant!! you're the funniest lonely 30 something tosser i've ever met!!
    carry_grant

--
    8/21/2008 2:09 PM
    Your surname's not Dunne is it?
    John Doe
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/22/2008 4:13 AM
    Play nice boys, play nice.

I love Tom Dunne myself ( in a totally manly heterosexual way of course ) though I stopped listening to his show once Phantom started broadcasting again (cue barrage of angry posts about how Phantom have sold out).
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    8/22/2008 6:05 AM
    Phantom are great, I cringed when I heard they were going down the cliched male DJ/female sidkick route for the morning show but its alright. Only listen to small hours on today FM, but during the day. Thank God for internet streaming.

Parton and carry_grant have entered a "special olympics" scenario, no matter who wins.... well you know the rest.
    carry_grant

--
    8/22/2008 6:53 AM
    Never touched 'im ref.
    comet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/1/2008 9:29 AM
    Anyone know who's taking over the show.
    carry_grant

--
    9/1/2008 1:47 PM
    Parton.
    Fia Rua

--
    9/8/2008 10:51 AM
    Here's to the future! MORE IRISH ACTS PLEASE TODAY FM, Im sure Bruce and Ryans managers are gutted Tommy has moved on.
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/8/2008 1:38 PM
    Posted By Fia Rua on 08 Sep 2008 10:51 AM
    Here's to the future! MORE IRISH ACTS PLEASE TODAY FM, Im sure Bruce and Ryans managers are gutted Tommy has moved on.

No f**king tokanism. Only god Irish acts please. And there aren't many of them.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.