Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
starbelgrade
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
2/21/2008 2:45 AM
    I watched this last night - well some of it. When I switched it on, there was some whiney cow with an acoustic playing, so I flicked for a bit. Daniel Lanois' instrumental on the steel lap guitar was amazing - amazing even just to watch him play it! Super Furries.... I was never a bit fan of their music, but I do love their attitude.. the singer's acoustic guitar was f**king class too - with a piece of cardboard stuck onto it to make it look like an electric!! Haha! Best of the bunch though, for me, was the Irish band with the harp player... dunno the name, but they sounded great.
    Quint
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/21/2008 3:16 AM
    The 'whiney cow' you speak of was Kate Walsh and she is very good. Super Furry Animals were excellent too.

The Irish band were Half Set. The name is familiar but I've never seen or heard their stuff before and I was seriously impressed.

Missed the last 20 minutes as it's on at Stupid O'Clock and some of us have to get up for work in the morning!
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/21/2008 3:52 AM
    I still reserve the right to dislike all whiney acoustic bitches. Of which there are far too many.
    PeterQuaife
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/21/2008 4:01 AM
    caught bits and bobs, enjoyed DL and SFA. Kate Rusby Stills Nash and Walsh didnt float my boat either. Must check out Half Set.

PQ
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/21/2008 4:31 AM
    Kate Ruby Stills Nash Price Waterhouse is her proper title.

Halfset live
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/21/2008 4:35 AM

Edgy, urban and proper estate.
    muzak
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/25/2008 4:47 AM
    RTE are bunging up the shows as they go along - you can have a watch here. Thought not if you're browsing from ouotside Ireland, as they've 'Geoblocked' the footage. Not really sure why, must be some copyright thing - http://www.rte.ie/tv/othervoices/20080220otherv.html
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/25/2008 6:24 AM
    BBC also block their internet "catch-up" broadcasts. It's not a copyright issue - it's to do with the license fee. The brits pay them the fee so they deem it unfair that everyone else in the world can watch the programs they've paid for for free. I presume RTE have the same policy.
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    2/25/2008 6:31 AM
    Posted By starbelgrade on 25 Feb 2008 6:24 AM
    BBC also block their internet "catch-up" broadcasts. It's not a copyright issue - it's to do with the license fee. The brits pay them the fee so they deem it unfair that everyone else in the world can watch the programs they've paid for for free. I presume RTE have the same policy.

It's a bit annoying considering most of us pay to watch BBC on Satellite or cable so the beeb does get some money ouf of Ireland. Channel four recognise this, so their 4OD service is available in Ireland.
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/25/2008 6:34 AM
    Posted By Binokular on 25 Feb 2008 6:31 AM
    Posted By starbelgrade on 25 Feb 2008 6:24 AM

It's a bit annoying considering most of us pay to watch BBC on Satellite or cable so the beeb does get some money ouf of Ireland. Channel four recognise this, so their 4OD service is available in Ireland.

And I always wondered why they invented DVD recorders and Sky Boxes?!
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    2/25/2008 6:42 AM
    Sky boxes and DVD recorders require you to be aware that a program will be on and remember to set them too record a program, they are not on-demand services. I can watch old episodes of Spaced and the Adam and Joe show from the 90s on 4OD, can a DVD recorder do that? If broadcasters don't get the on-demand thing sorted, people will just use bittorrent.
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/25/2008 6:48 AM
    I don't really watch much TV, so I won't argue with you there!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.