Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
klootfan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
2/26/2003 8:46 AM
    MCD.ie are saying that the Queens of the Stone age, The foo fighters and the red hot chilli peppers are confirmed for slane + 4 more unannounced bands... Someone on another website mentioned audioslave.... Not bad at all... Dave drumming with the Queens would be sweet
    Q2
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/26/2003 10:20 AM
    That sounds like a good day out so far. Which are the headliners though, foos or chillis or someone else? Saw the chillis in Lansdowne last year, they were bloody great...... Q2
    damo101

--
    2/26/2003 10:32 AM
    Peppers are headlining. any rumours on who else will be added? I'm sure Aslan will try as it will coincide with another re-release of crazy world
    flagman
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/26/2003 10:49 AM
    Actually, I believe Aslan are very busy at the moment working on 'Crazy World, The Motion Picture'.
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/26/2003 4:00 PM
    PJ harvey confirmed now as well
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/26/2003 4:15 PM
    Did anyone see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers years ago when they played in the SFX - it was one of the first gigs i ever went to....can't remember what year - anyway...Henry Rollins was supporting and things got a bit mental and some bloke jumped on stage and Rollins head- butted him square in the face...Nasty...his nose exploded all over his face and Rollins just fu*ked him back into the crowd...I was sooo impressed. The R H C P's were amazing that night - and at Sunstroke too - they are always entertaining live even if you don't think much of their music. I love Flea's tats (tattoos) he has a great portrait tattoo of Jimi Hendrix on his Upper arm - looks really good. An Anothiny Kedis has amazing tats too...well on that body it wouldn't be hard...ahem...I'm off for a cold shower now excuse me...!!!
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    2/27/2003 9:11 AM
    I remember the SFX gig. It was mental allright. The SFX was such a crap venue but back in the day we didn't give a toss as it was so seldom a decent band played in Dublin. As for Slane, I certainly not arsed. I'm not a big RHCP fan and they play here nearly as often as Aslan. Likewise the Foo FIghters. I also find it difficult to bring myself to line mcds pockets since the continually screw us for every gig in the Olympia. Sad to think that the best venue in town is pretty much too expensive to to go to.
    Q2
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/27/2003 10:14 AM
    You have got to be joking. Another release of "Crazy World"? That is a joke, right? Q2
    joedolan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    2/27/2003 9:25 PM
    that would be an interesting one: how many tracks aslan have released versus how many different songs. sure they had those songs, then re-releases, then live album, then aslan best of, and wasn't there some kind of christy dignam best of too? as for that lineup, wow! that is maaaaad! "who stole the rock?", daemien frost asked.well, whoever it was, they've just given it back. no robbie williams or stereophonics or bryan adams in sight.
    Wicked

--
    2/27/2003 10:47 PM
    I wonder who the remaining three bands are? This Slane line-up is terrific: Queens Of The Stone Age are one of the best rock bands around and Songs For The Deaf was easily one of my favourite albums of 2002. And even better again is PJ Harvey who is a phenomenally exciting live performer and an all-round genius songwriter and musician. I reckon they should be the headliners, they'll be the real shining stars of Slane 03 as far as I'm concerned. Cannot wait :)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.