You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
mixtapepublicity
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
9/11/2007 3:40 AM
    So the Music Centre isn't being called Cargo after all, its The Button Factory?! Headin down to the Butto tonight lads?
    John Doe
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/11/2007 3:44 AM
    What exactly was wrong with calling it the Temple Bar Music Centre ? It did exactly what it said on the tin. Or perhaps that name wasn't trendy enough ?

They better not come up with some poncey new name for the revamped Whelans.
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/11/2007 4:01 AM
    The Button Factory.... wtf?!?!?!?! We're playing there in October.. I'm nearly embarassed to say it now!!
    dermot_trellis

--
    9/11/2007 4:17 AM
    Gah.. it sounds like a kid's TV show.. the other title that they were going to go with, 'Cargo' was almost as bad. What's wrong with keeping 'Temple Bar Music Centre' indeed?
    mixtapepublicity
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/11/2007 4:21 AM
    I liked the Music Centre too, if it ain't broke etc. They have already advertised loads of gigs as Cargo, but apparently the Cargo in London contacted them and are not letting them use the name.

It would seem many years ago, the building was a button factory, hence the new name.
    Quint
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/11/2007 4:40 AM
    'The Button Factory'...I Like It!!!!!!

Peejay
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/11/2007 4:48 AM
    If it was just a studio, then I guess it would kind of work. You know, buttons... mixing desk.... A factory where music is made etc. But it doesn't really work for a venue/studio. Are they copying the Knitting Factory in New York?

Its not bad, I guess. But the quaint name doesn't really match the surroundings. Temple Bar is about as quaint and homey as a burning swastika.
    Norman Schwarzkopf
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/11/2007 7:17 AM
    Temple Bar is about as quaint and homey as a burning swastika.

Keep Kula Shaker out of this...
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/11/2007 9:38 AM
    The Music Centre was fine, its a music venue with practice rooms and a studio, hence a music centre....its in temple bar,, hence the temple bar bit...

Jeebus i dunno....the button factory?

are folks not going to just keep referring to it as the music centre anway?

suppose though, it wasnt long ago that the tripod complex was the red box, pod and chocolate bar!!
    admin
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/11/2007 10:23 AM
    Yiz are all apparently wrong. From what I have heard it is going to be called 'Cargo'...
    muzak
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/11/2007 11:15 AM
    Are you sure its not "The Butt & Factory" - English pub style?
    Peejay
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/12/2007 12:58 AM
    Posted By admin on 11 Sep 2007 10:23 AM
    Yiz are all apparently wrong. From what I have heard it is going to be called 'Cargo'...

Keep up.
    mixtapepublicity
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/12/2007 1:41 AM
    Tsk Tsk, admin, you let us all down. At least read the above posts and listen to the radio before posting?!
    admin
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/12/2007 2:59 AM
    Posted By mixtapepublicity on 12 Sep 2007 1:41 AM
    Tsk Tsk, admin, you let us all down. At least read the above posts and listen to the radio before posting?!

Left out the word 'still'.... What I meant to say was 'From what I have heard it still to be called 'Cargo'... From an, er, insider I was talking to last night. But he may still be wrong.
    JamesT

--
    9/12/2007 4:30 AM
    I think a name change for the Music Centre is an AWFUL idea - ya, Tripod got away with it nicely, but it WAS called the Pod before that, so it worked well. Cargo/Schmargo/Butthole Factory - whatever, they're all terrible names. The website says they're looking for suggestions to be mailed to them - anyone got any ideas?
    Binokular
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    9/12/2007 4:35 AM
    I think we should call it Egbert or maybe Bob.
    Peejay
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/12/2007 8:06 AM
    How about the Nike Factory? With labour intensive creche facilities in the back.
    JamesT

--
    9/12/2007 8:22 AM
    Or The Chocolate Factory? With Nestle instant baby formula production lines out the back.
    dubund

--
    9/16/2007 6:54 PM
    jesus... is this for real or are people just winding us up?... the button factory?!!!

possibly one of the worst names i've ever heard for a venue... especially one that had established itself as a serious live music venue.

it would actually be embarressing to say you played there... i know i'll be sticking to saying i played in the templebar music centre, not the fcking button factory... sounds like a cadbury's sponsored creche!
    starbelgrade
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/17/2007 9:11 AM
    We're playing the Button Factory in October.. do I need to bring a needle & some thread?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>