You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
space cheeks
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
1/2/2003 12:59 PM
    any suggestions? i'd say the walls,turn and hi rise will be the biggies of this year
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    1/2/2003 6:04 PM
    If i was to pick an irish artist...id say colm quearney an irish band....settler and american band..... interpol
    king of nails

--
    1/2/2003 11:30 PM
    i'd say if the thrills release an lp later in the year it'll be HUGE, mainly thanks to nme but don't let that put you off...and hopefully boa morte will expand on the tantalising promise of the "soon it will come time..." album...p.s. has anyone heard the new bonnie prince billy track on this month's uncut cover cd...christ it's amazing...
    Q2
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/3/2003 2:20 PM
    Boa Morte, hopefully. Watch out for mumblin' deaf ro's debut album too, it's out 21st Feb. Hopefully Nina Hynes will be releasing something this year too. Happy New Year to you all. Q2
    john@soundweb.ie
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/3/2003 2:55 PM
    again i say emmett tinley will be big this year - so too colm quearney if the next album is strong and he continues to win fans like badly drawn boy... bandwise - anyones guess but the odds are their name will start with "the" !
    damo101

--
    1/3/2003 3:29 PM
    there's some dublin band called 'the U2' that will probably do ok for themselves this year too
    space cheeks
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/3/2003 4:53 PM
    emmet tinley rocks hes deserves alot more cred ponicinelle is one of the best albums in my collection hopefully he'll do a gig in dublin soon!
    king of nails

--
    1/4/2003 4:55 PM
    tell us more about emmet tinley...what kind of stuff is it?...any useful reference points you could name?...i forgot to mention in my last post (oh, there's another tip for 03 and beyond, the last post!!) about a band from denver (i think) called the czars who have an ep out at the moment...if they release an album this year and if it's anything like 2001's criminally overlooked "the ugly people vs. the beautiful people" they'll deserve to be THE band of 03...singer john grant has possibly the most breathtaking voice on the planet; incredibly rich, soulful and intimate...the music is murky, intense, often manic (as are the lyrics) but always inventive and undeniably gorgeous...imagine radiohead at their best but better, honest...they played whelans early last year (supported by the great paul o'reilly) so keep an eye out for them this year...
    mick
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/8/2003 5:27 PM
    the 66 electric
    joedolan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/9/2003 5:47 PM
    emmett tinley(and his band prayerboat). kind of soulful sounding pop rock except good.think jeff buckley or the likes.it's a strange balance, very mature but in no way boring. think simply red if simply red were brilliant.( anyone who is perplexed by this should listen again to "slow down").
    space cheeks
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/9/2003 6:04 PM
    i love the prayer boat and all well most of there tunes what is the story with slow down though its very simply red but i suppose 1 mistake aint bad!
    wildrover

--
    1/10/2003 11:38 AM
    LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO LISTO
    eddiesheridan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/11/2003 2:47 PM
    Think! Listo Johnny Pyro The Subtonics
    surething

--
    1/13/2003 2:19 AM
    I'd have to say the challets the crayonz
    Kajagoogoo

--
    1/14/2003 12:02 PM
    I,d love to see Listo and The Things do well this year.They are the two best live bands around at the moment.Clouded Mouse are another super live band.
    sailaway

--
    1/14/2003 11:03 PM
    ok artist...definitely damian rice band....walls and frames! d...
    dirtypropaganda
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/15/2003 6:58 PM
    the frames, damian rice, turn?...will some of u people take your heads out of your bed-soiling white asses...i hope all these cosily accepted irish artists get their p45s this year...their survival is fuelled by your cagey pats on the back .... are irish people afraid to embrace something that is loose and scary....johnny pyro..yes..listo..yes....the things...yes ..three bands that ooze personality.---- bands that wanna make u dance and sweat and have sex and get yourself in trouble with authority ... try not plying it as safe in 2003.... bands i want to shine this year : the subtonics (cos im in them..so that doesnt count) the three i mentioned above (cos i love them..so that doesnt count) elecric six, hi-rise, and the ones who are all doin well like the libertines, the beatings, the 80s matchbox b-line disaster and the coral to carry on and dethrone all the crap like coldplay and richard ashcroft etc. im a nice boy xx
    eddiesheridan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/15/2003 11:30 PM
    how did u know about my bed wetting problem? and anyway i keep my head up me hole to take away from the smell of yer ma! rock yer brainy head
    Joss

--
    1/16/2003 2:02 AM
    Jaysus, Stef. The Coral? Save us from another bleedin' 60's throwback band.
    joedolan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    1/16/2003 10:26 AM
    on the irish band front,i'd like to see a couple of "the" bands doing well, the dudley corporation the strangleberries(cough cough) and: juke box hymn(currently in the states) also: deputy fuzz mumblin' deaf ro (?) (if that is his name-he's f**king great, though). stoat(it would be soooo well deserved)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>