Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Unicron
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
7/9/2007 6:20 AM
    Liveline at the minute has lots of folks giving out.
    Garret
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/9/2007 8:46 AM
    about what?

Saw very little trouble to be honest myself, and it's not like MCD could actually do anything about the mud in fairness.
    The Teacher

--
    7/9/2007 9:09 AM
    yeah i was there for the two days (although i wasnt camping so can't comment on any camp site related issues) and had a trouble free weekend. yes it was muddy but i left those that wanted to roll around in it to it and steered clear of any mud fights that developed around me while watching the bands so i've no complaints really about the weekend.
    mixtapepublicity
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/9/2007 9:11 AM
    Bloody great weekend. I thought it was ran pretty well too?!
    Peejay
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/9/2007 9:27 AM
    Sure doesn't the media always do this. Music festivals have to be muddy, rained-out, life threatening, concentration camps for the newspapers to get a good story out of it. Especially after last years. They focus on one or two minor incidents and make it look like anarchy. Full of s**te.

Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    7/9/2007 9:27 AM
    Trouble in the carpark mainly according to the folks on the radio, lots of windows smashed.
    klootfan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    7/9/2007 11:58 AM
    We were lucky. we forked out 60 notes each for a 4 man tent in the tangerine field, the green campsite. best spent 60 notes that weekend. Very quite and relaxed there.

Parked in campsite B, saw only the one broken window on the way out but their could have been more. we were too busy trying to fix a puncture and trying to get out of the place.

as for the music, I liked what i saw. especially the kings of leon, cold war kids, the arcade fire, bloc party werent too bad, the twang were impressive, as were black rebel motorcycle club, the hold steady, and finally the criminally short national set

There was some amount of rain all the same.
    mickeyjoe

--
    7/10/2007 3:39 AM
    In fairness, i thought it was way better behaved than 2005, last time i went.
    Although we were camped in the Red campsite, in R11.
    We felt that most people were too wrecked after trekking through the mud to get back to the campsite to get up to any shenanigans back at the campsite.

Fair enough on sunday night/monday morning some people went around burning tents, but its that standard practise at most festivals on the last night/day.

All in all, considering the mud and condititons, i thought it was very enjoyable, food massive improvement on prior years and some fantastic bands, so definitely thumbs up for me.

crucifixio

--
    7/10/2007 5:11 AM
    What were you doing posting at 2:39 in the morning MickeyJoe! Mr. November must have f**ked you over to be up that late!
    floodzer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/10/2007 5:25 AM
    Have to disagree with most of you.
    In my opinion, they need to reduce the attendence by quite alot in order for them to provide adequate facilities ie. Security, Medics, Toilets
    The security is a joke... They just give yellow vests to every donkey who wants to go for a couple of hundred quid and when trouble starts theyre useless.
    I dont think the media have manipulated anything, I think MCD's PR have swept it all nicely under the mud... badum bum

The toilets I used were maintained though, which was a nice change
    Unicron
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    7/10/2007 6:09 AM
    Posted By mickeyjoe on 10 Jul 2007 3:39 AM
    but its that standard practise at most festivals on the last night/day.

You say that like it's acceptable.
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/10/2007 6:52 AM
    I think that is a very valid point in very sad circumstances...the security at oxyegen seems to comprise of some seriously dodgey individuals.....

ABSOLUTELY amateur..people on this board including myself have complained about certain elements of the crowd in attendance...but if security were doing their jobs trouble would be stopped..i've been to a number of festivals in europe and the fact that at glastonbury for instance, i saw nothing like this with so many people in attendance is a testament to the organisers.

Its disgusting that something like that can happen when that person paid out hundreds of euro to be get a beating by a bunch of knackers brought in for the weekend.
    Trix

--
    7/10/2007 11:19 AM
    I have to agree, the campsite stewarts/security were a joke. They couldn't help with anything "because they were from Liverpool" but they could manage to give a few young girls "rushes".
    Overall I had a great weekend the line up was amazing and the food/toilet facilities were as good as can be expected but if MCD can sort out getting proper help Oxegen should eventually get the good name it wants..!
    Garret
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/10/2007 12:52 PM
    Posted By floodzer on 10 Jul 2007 5:25 AM
    Have to disagree with most of you.
    In my opinion, they need to reduce the attendence by quite alot in order for them to provide adequate facilities ie. Security, Medics, Toilets
    The security is a joke... They just give yellow vests to every donkey who wants to go for a couple of hundred quid and when trouble starts theyre useless.
    I dont think the media have manipulated anything, I think MCD's PR have swept it all nicely under the mud... badum bum

The toilets I used were maintained though, which was a nice change

well the press release i saw admitted there was trouble, which is an improvement from last year's total denial.
    christianwise

--
    7/10/2007 5:30 PM
    did any1 get the bus down on friday i had to q for about 2 hrs to get on a bus this is the first year that this ever happened and ive gone evry year its like they decided to fix something that already worked.
    Garret
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/10/2007 6:04 PM
    was that not dublin bus though?
    crucifixio

--
    7/11/2007 4:33 AM
    Posted By PARTON on 10 Jul 2007 6:52 AM
    I think that is a very valid point in very sad circumstances...the security at oxyegen seems to comprise of some seriously dodgey individuals.....

ABSOLUTELY amateur..people on this board including myself have complained about certain elements of the crowd in attendance...but if security were doing their jobs trouble would be stopped..i've been to a number of festivals in europe and the fact that at glastonbury for instance, i saw nothing like this with so many people in attendance is a testament to the organisers.

Its disgusting that something like that can happen when that person paid out hundreds of euro to be get a beating by a bunch of knackers brought in for the weekend.

crucifixio

--
    7/11/2007 4:37 AM
    Sorry, I meant to add this comment:

I was at Oxegen and I didn't see any trouble. I was in the r10 and r11 in the red campsite and there was a sound crowd around us. I did walk through the blue campsite and there was a distinct change in atmosphere but everybody knows that's where the knackers and young people go - so just avoid it. I didn't see any trouble inside the venue.
    muzak
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    7/12/2007 9:03 AM
    I just went down on the Sunday afternoon - seemed like your standard festival - muddy, overcrowded and full of people off their bin.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.