Discussion Forums

PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 7/10/2007 6:46 AM by  stephen
I didnt realise Oxegen tickets were so expensive...
 41 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
rockchicklet

--
6/27/2007 6:53 AM
    http://www.cluas.com/indie-music/Discussion/tabid/63/forumid/5/postid/42568/view/topic/Default.aspx
    Helmet

--
    6/27/2007 6:56 AM
    A tenner off for buying both.....BARGAIN!!!

UnaRocks
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/27/2007 6:58 AM
    I don't think people should be allowed tout on the cluas board. It should be face price, swap or nothing.
    rockchicklet

--
    6/27/2007 7:12 AM
    well, there is a note which says "Gig tickets cannot be offered for more than face value. Moderators will strictly enforce this rule."

obviously the mods must be getting a back-hander because thats been up now for over a day.

Helmet

--
    6/27/2007 7:29 AM
    I'm a firm believer in face value......I remember all too well being broke in college and forking out rediculous money for tickets.......not fair
    Rev Jules
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    6/28/2007 1:00 AM
    Nope we are not, item seen and deleted, and fair play to all cluasers who told this tout to get lost
    rockchicklet

--
    6/28/2007 1:22 AM
    Posted By Rev Jules on 28 Jun 2007 1:00 AM
    Nope we are not, item seen and deleted, and fair play to all cluasers who told this tout to get lost

i hope the same policy applies to the guy who is looking for 100 quid for an REM ticket below right now. He says he got burnt on eBay but isnt this touting as well?
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/28/2007 1:34 AM
    I am not touting, i bought it for 100 quid and bought two other tickets for diff days, ended up with a spare...

now i am selling it for the same price i bought, 100% honestly, that is not touting, its called "not losing your b*ll*cks"..i amn't in to make a profit, just trying to shift a ticket that i dont need. seriously....

if i bought it for 50 quid i'd sell it for 50 quid. get a grip.

and i sold it this morning. happy days. I hate touts too.
    rockchicklet

--
    6/28/2007 2:51 AM
    Posted By PARTON on 28 Jun 2007 1:34 AM
    I am not touting, i bought it for 100 quid and bought two other tickets for diff days, ended up with a spare...

now i am selling it for the same price i bought, 100% honestly, that is not touting, its called "not losing your b*ll*cks"..i amn't in to make a profit, just trying to shift a ticket that i dont need. seriously....

if i bought it for 50 quid i'd sell it for 50 quid. get a grip.

and i sold it this morning. happy days. I hate touts too.

I'm not the one who should be getting a grip.

A ticket tout is someone who engages in ticket resale for more than the face value of the ticket.

You were selling a ticket for an REM show at more than the face value of the ticket

That, in my view and that of a lot of other people, makes you a ticket tout. And it also makes cluas a very tout-friendly site
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/28/2007 4:27 AM
    GET A LIFE.....

I DIDNT BUY IT AT FACE, I OFFERED IT AT THE PRICE I BOUGHT IT FOR.
    IF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY SAYING IF YOU WERE IN THE SAME POSITION THAT YOU WOULD SELL IT FOR LESS THAN YOU PAID FOR IT BECAUSE OF TOUTING, THEN YOU’RE LYING OR YOU’RE AN IDIOT.

TOUTS DO IT TO MAKE A PROFIT WHICH IS A SCUMY THING TO DO. I DIDN’T SO MY CONSCIENCE IS CLEAR. DEAL IS DONE. TOUTS WHO SELL FOR PROFIT ARE SCUM. AND I'M BEGINNING TO THING THIS SITE HAS BEEN INVAIDED BY PINKOS...SALUT!
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/28/2007 4:46 AM
    "That, in my view and that of a lot of other people"

i think based on the majority of your posts you are a whinger and a moan who gives out about absolutely everything...you were calling me an adiot last week because i expressed an opinion. i replied and that seemed to shut you up.

i agree 100% that touting for profit is scum and i have nor would engage in such an activity. i merely paid over the odds for something that i ended up not needing so i offered it and it was purchased at said price. i broke even and someone got a ticket.

if i had bought it at face i'd have sold it at face no problem, i'd never do anyone out of a few bob for a ticket to something.

i have in the past given on free tickets that i recieved in a previous career to such events without so much as giving a second thought to selling them at all.
    rockchicklet

--
    6/28/2007 4:59 AM
    ooooh, i seem to have hit a nerve with this tout.

if pointing out that you are a tout means getting called a "whinger" and a "moan" so be it.

I hope the cluas moderators will come onboard soon and make a ruling on this. i stand over my original post.
    rockchicklet

--
    6/28/2007 5:00 AM
    "if i had bought it at face i'd have sold it at face no problem, i'd never do anyone out of a few bob for a ticket to something. i have in the past given on free tickets that i recieved in a previous career to such events without so much as giving a second thought to selling them at all."

what do you want for that, a medal? it doesnt change the fact that you were touting by trying to sell tickets at above face value for a sold-out show
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/28/2007 5:05 AM
    Seriously listen to yourself, i am not who you are p*ssed off about, i dont stand outside gigs trying to f*ck people over and sell for profit, i had ONE SPARE TICKET FOR ONE CONCERT THAT I WANTED TO SELL AND GET RID OF at the same price i paid for it.

Its moaning plonkers like yourself who have no madate or real opinion just a whinger who'll whinge regardless, firs phantom, then new bands, now touts who arent really touts.....

anyone else you want to vent your teenage angst at????

tell ye what, stand outside the olympia with a plackard and protest next to teh real scumbags who will be trying to screw people...
    PeterQuaife
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/28/2007 5:13 AM
    rockchicklet, i am beginning to fine this thread very 'challenging'.

PQ
    PARTON
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/28/2007 5:17 AM
    Couldnt agree more mate. end it.
    rockchicklet

--
    6/28/2007 5:55 AM
    Posted By PARTON on 28 Jun 2007 5:05 AM
    Seriously listen to yourself, i am not who you are p*ssed off about, i dont stand outside gigs trying to f*ck people over and sell for profit, i had ONE SPARE TICKET FOR ONE CONCERT THAT I WANTED TO SELL AND GET RID OF at the same price i paid for it.

Its moaning plonkers like yourself who have no madate or real opinion just a whinger who'll whinge regardless, firs phantom, then new bands, now touts who arent really touts.....

anyone else you want to vent your teenage angst at????

tell ye what, stand outside the olympia with a plackard and protest next to teh real scumbags who will be trying to screw people...

theres absolutely no difference between the touts who stand outside the Olympia (who knows, you may be one of them?) and people who act all "matey" on bulletin boards like this and then try to shaft people by touting spare tickets.

rockchicklet

--
    6/28/2007 5:58 AM
    Posted By PeterQuaife on 28 Jun 2007 5:13 AM

PQ

its about as challenging as a Walls song, peter
    John Doe
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/28/2007 6:09 AM
    So if I buy a ticket off a tout ( but because I actually want to go to the gig ) does that make me scum ?
    PeterQuaife
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    6/28/2007 6:13 AM
    Posted By rockchicklet on 28 Jun 2007 5:58 AM
    Posted By PeterQuaife on 28 Jun 2007 5:13 AM

PQ

its about as challenging as a Walls song, peter

appreciated, I now know my place

PQ
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>