Top five Knobs of irish music
 12 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
damo101

--
9/20/2002 11:53 AM
    it my unchanging carved in stone top 5: 5. Philomena Lynnott (keeps flogging the same dead horse,literally) 4. Olaf Tyransen (Cos he's a sad fukk who thinks he's hunter s thompson) 3. MCD/Ticket master/ Bouncers 2. Dave Fanning ( cannot interview for sh1t, every question is a 3 minute monologue and then gives the interviewee a multiple choice answer and is an egotistical knob ) 1. Christy Dignam - completely talentless knacker trading on the fact that knackers are only capable of liking one song that has words in it (what version of crazy world is going to be the christmas single this year christy?) 'and jesus did feed the fecophiliacs loaves and fish, more specifically pinched loaves and chocolate salmon'
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/20/2002 1:03 PM
    I demand that Louis Walsh is added to that list - not alone for the music he has inflicted on us also the supreme arrogance to produce a history of irish music including many of his acts. I also think people should lay off Aslan a wee bit. They are almost always lambasted for being knackers when in reality their music should say it all. YOu could argue that they are similar to Oasis in that respect 'cept Oasis are (marginally) more talented. Anyway, you have to have a certain grudging respect of a band that after all these years can fill the Point in Dublin but still play the urinals of bars in the middle of nowhere round the country. I also keep a very special place in my heart for Barry Ego's meanderings in the Independent.
    jbarry

--
    9/21/2002 4:19 AM
    I agree - Louis Walsh knocks Christy Dignam right out of that topo five.
    vandala
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/22/2002 8:38 PM
    How about all those people who can never seem to resist stating the obvious?
    damo101

--
    9/23/2002 9:30 AM
    louis walsh at least shows that any band(?) can make it and any redneck can be a millionaire.......an inspiration to us all!!! 'and jesus did feed the fecophiliacs loaves and fish, more specifically pinched loaves and chocolate salmon'
    Brain of G
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/23/2002 6:26 PM
    Barry Egan has absolutely no musical taste. Full Stop. Cast the pearls aside...live a simple life
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/24/2002 8:58 AM
    THe only thing Louis Walsh shows us is that a redneck can become a millionaire by manipulating the marketing machine and the corporate whores who own the single charts. Any resemblence to real music is purely coincidental. Most half decent bands who make it usually do so in spite of the Louis Walshs and Simon Cowels of this world.
    babayaka

--
    9/24/2002 5:09 PM
    1. Louis Walsh for destroying good pop music 2. Bono for the politics bulls**t 3. Ronan "fair play " Keating for being a Talentless muppet 4. Most of Hotpress 5. The Corr's particularly Jim 4 doing the daily mirror eco warrior crap bab.
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/25/2002 9:24 AM
    Man! How could we forget Jim Corr!! One day he is the face of the music industry's assault on mp3, next he is in a boat off Sellafield. Never thought I'd hope that the Rainbow Warrior would sink!
    afro1001

--
    9/30/2002 8:30 PM
    one name springs to mind more so than most,ROBERT FUCKING STVENSON, now you might ask yourself who is this man, well at the moment he is managing or more to the point screwing the revs, i gaurantee he is making more money out of that band than anybody else im not saying im a big fan of the revs, but they arent the point, the guy is a creep and makes a career out of ripping off bands that can barely afford to keep their heads above water as it is. lay off bono, a few months ago bertie aherne was pictured pretending to ride a motorbike while bono was in france meeting with heads of the eu to discuss amnesty international, now wish one is trying to do some good an wich one is a muppet? oh yeah by virtue of the fact that his daughter is in bellefire a band (sorry a group unless you play something, or write your own material i refuse to call you a band) which inflicted possibly the worst cover of all time on us,bertie should be included. louis walsh is a given who doesnt need any discussion, although i refuse to include any of his bands seperately as they are just an extension of his inflated ego. And last but by no means least i can't but include the great gobshite of the western world that is richie kavanagh, the words dont exist to accurately describe how much of a twat that man really is. so to recap: 1 robert stevenson 2 bertie aherne( purely because he is a muppet) 3louis walsh et al 4richie kvanagh 5 christy dignam( because top five looks better than top 4)
    Cath

--
    10/1/2002 7:30 PM
    Better off doing this over a pint, but how and ever, we're getting there. I'd just like to make a point. Its typical of the trend for singer-songwriting snobs in Ireland, to berate Louis Walsh products like Samantha Mumba, as being talentless, beyond credibility, simply to pump up their own prestige. These are the type of singers, who would in an instant, defend their shameless recruiting of shit-stirring tacky publicity hungry PR people, to give a political make-over and then stand by these people, actually believing they had any principles to stand on. Its hypocritical. The PR people are in the same bag as Louis Walsh. As for Robert Stevenson being a creep for ripping off the Revs - strong language. I wouldn't say hes in it for the money, just a case of working together with them, to clear a platform for their careers. Bertie doesn't do de music don't ya know, read the topic ya spanner!
    babayaka

--
    10/2/2002 12:48 PM
    1.I met Louis and he is a complete creep 2. the Stevenson thing... i wouldn't be suprised by. 3. it's not too late to start Bertie-fire bab.
    afro1001

--
    10/2/2002 5:59 PM
    STEVENSON HAS FORM, A CERTAIN BAND HAD A GUINESS SPONSORSHIP A FEW YEARS BACK AND A CERTAIN MANAGER, THEY SHOULD HAVE GOT ABOUT TEN GRAND BUT DIDN'T SEE A PENNY, ALL THEY GOT WAS A BANNER, AS FOR THE BERTIE THING READ THE MESSAGE AGAIN YOU SPANNER P.S. ANYBODY THINK THAT LOUIS WALSH BEARS AN UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE TO YODA
    You are not authorized to post a reply.