the streets
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jackson cannery

--
9/6/2002 6:21 PM
    anyone at the recent gig in the ambassador? the post gig busarus incident is one of the funniest stories i've heard in ages! the new single is awesome - 'don't mug yourself' royksopp are doing a mix of it too so it's all good
    monkey

--
    9/7/2002 7:53 PM
    I was there and I thought it was the worst gig I've ever been at. http://www.kaboommusic.cjb.net
    Vent My Spleen
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/9/2002 1:40 PM
    Que? What was the "Busarus" incident...
    cormac

--
    9/10/2002 3:33 PM
    I think The Streets is wildly overrated. A humourless midlands dole fiend passing off his stoned ramblings as poetry over relentlessly repetitive backing that's either: a) reggae-inflected bass n drums riffs that I could make up in my sleep b) shiny commercial stringsy crap 'Push things forward' is good, 'Weak become heroes' is ok. 'Original Pirate Material' is rubbish. One-and-a-half decent songs does not a genius make
    damo101

--
    9/11/2002 8:12 AM
    the streets are ok, catchy music that bankers and HR people will like, pretty much like Dandy warhols. 'and jesus did feed the fecophiliacs loaves and fish, more specifically pinched loaves and chocolate salmon'
    Dromed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    9/11/2002 10:54 AM
    Mike a.k.a The Streets is not a genius. But then when did he claim to be one? The media has taken that as their latest theme and run with it. The album can be a bit repetitive but it's a grower - his lyrics are really good and the ideas are flowing. I reckon he'll come out better musically on the next record he brings out but I wonder can he keep his lyrics so 'Street'?
    nubear

--
    9/15/2002 8:26 PM
    I think the album is amazing. One of the best of the year in fact. I heard it the first time and thought it was OK then I heard it a few more times and fell in love with it. There are a load of different moods on the album and I do think the lyrics are amazing and 'from the heart'. Yeah the music is basic but, I think that that is much of the charm about it. The ambassador gig was shit for one reason only...the sound was shit (as per usual at the ambassador) Lay off the streets...he's a good kid (even though he is a birmingham lad pretending to be a London Geezer).
    You are not authorized to post a reply.