Crap Turn
 11 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
papa razzo

--
8/29/2002 11:34 AM
    Does anybody else think Turn are crap? I can't believe the exposure they get in Hot Press etc. They are so bland it's painful and what about those suits? It's all so cheesy...and here I am giving them exposure! TURN ARE CRAP!
    DARKHORSE

--
    8/29/2002 12:48 PM
    No, I have to say I like Turn. I only realised it at Witnness though. They were first on the main stage on the Saturday and I was surprised how many of the songs I knew and liked. I prefer Summer song to another year over though, which is the one that got playlisted. I think any Irish band getting some recognition in the media is a good thing, and there just isn't enough of it. Especially considering there are so many great Irish bands!! o.k I'm finished now!
    chocolate man

--
    8/29/2002 4:16 PM
    Turn are shite: "your dead right" I like jam bons
    RedRum

--
    8/30/2002 11:58 AM
    Here here!!!!!! Edited by - RedRum on 30 Aug 2002 13:39:58
    JJ

--
    8/30/2002 4:05 PM
    You like Stereophonics and you call Turn crap? Whatever dude... ] http://entertainment.ie
    mick
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/30/2002 4:50 PM
    must agree with JJ there! mick... http://www.polarofficial.com
    papa razzo

--
    9/2/2002 3:51 PM
    You know what JJ and co. maybe you're right! And you know what...I am also a big fan of The Frames so by your logic that makes them shite too! Of course you're entitled to think they are shite but many here might disagree!
    damo101

--
    9/2/2002 6:20 PM
    dont think much of the frames live at all, the crowd seem to be more interested in trying to lodge the tongues up their beloved glen's ass rather than enjoying the gig......of they're not saying 'glen glen tell the story about....' they're telling people to be quiet 'and jesus did feed the fecophiliacs loaves and fish, more specifically pinched loaves and chocolate salmon'
    cormac

--
    9/3/2002 10:04 AM
    Turn were on the go for many many years before they got so much as a mention in Hot Press. I think they're good (I really like In Position) but their lyrics are usually really poor
    bigmc

--
    9/12/2002 3:32 PM
    cop on to yourself and leave irish bands alone. stop listening to all the drivel the english/us press tell you is cool and find out for your self.turn are a hard working band who have been around for ages, there getting abit of recognition and all of a sudden the begruder come out of the woodwork. do everybody a favor and kill yourself listening to your radiohead albums and leave us alone bigmc
    papa razzo

--
    9/12/2002 3:43 PM
    Oi! big mc NO!!! Good music knows no borders, the truth is i've been begrudging Turn for years because i think they're crap! Adolf Hitler was a hard working dictator does that mean we should respect him?
    Brain of G
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    9/23/2002 6:33 PM
    I must agree with Cormac there. Turn's lyrics aren't the best but musically I think they are really good. Alas, their first album (Antisocial) was their best by a mile but received very little exposure so I don't ever see them making the big time. Cast the pearls aside...live a simple life
    You are not authorized to post a reply.