Congrats to Gemma Hayes
 11 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
baba

--
7/30/2002 3:03 PM
    ...who has in the last few hours been nominated for the Mercury Music Prize...honestly! It's not a tumor
    babayaka

--
    7/30/2002 5:42 PM
    time to start stirring......is that prize for music?? heh..heh bab.
    eclectichoney

--
    7/30/2002 6:09 PM
    yep have to second that. Love the album, but was really suprised to see it nominated, as an irish album and everything. G'wan the gemma....next year the rednecks might win! "You might not see things yet on the surface, but underground, it's already on fire." http://www.eclectichoney.com
    papa razzo

--
    7/31/2002 12:38 PM
    yeah yeah yeah... everybody knows that the mercury music prize is a british award! they're obviously trying to branch out so congratulations gemma on being the token irish nomination!
    Dan

--
    7/31/2002 3:32 PM
    Congratulations Gemma on bumping three good independant Irish bands out of whelans during september and stealing their slots...oh the bitterness. I'm off to cry, excuse me...
    Q2
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/1/2002 1:22 PM
    Controversial, Dan! Indeed congrats to Gemma Hayes. While we're on the subject of singer/songwriters, it seems to me that with all the hype of Kittser and Gemma Hayes going on, Nina Hynes seems to be undeservedly left in the shadows a little. I'd also strongly recommend her stuff as well as Gemma's. Any thoughts on that anyone? Q
    cormac

--
    8/1/2002 1:50 PM
    Thoughts? Hmmm let me see .... No. Fancy some thoughts on something else? Thoughts available at the moment include: 'my head is itchy', 'Junior Gorg is still scary', 'I want to go home now please' and 'Should I go playing piano at lunchtime or not?'
    Q2
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/1/2002 9:18 PM
    Odd. What are your thoughts on Gemma then? Q
    joedolan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    8/1/2002 10:49 PM
    good news. i was never impressed by the gemma hayes stuff i heard before(live stuff, or the songs from a small room thing or whatever) but i have to admit that the singles so far have been f*cking great.must check out the ablum(i know).
    Makepiece

--
    8/2/2002 3:07 PM
    Well done Gemma. I didn't realise she was known over in the UK. I notice Guy Barker is nominated again as the token jazz musician. My money is on the Streets; they're a real mercury type of band.
    babayaka

--
    8/2/2002 3:46 PM
    great to see source records cough up the cash for the mercury prize it was becoming way to much of a whole in the pocket for V2 records.... Well to be fair I'd rather see someone from ireland buying it instead of UK band...tis a change anyway I wish source and gemma the best of luck. At least theres no illusions in there eyes in how to get ahead ...to quote another irish industry player....Fair play. P.G. this is going to be fun bab.
    afro1001

--
    8/3/2002 5:19 PM
    fair play but its the least she deserrves
    You are not authorized to post a reply.