Albums you'd never admit to liking...
 13 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tobble

--
3/17/2002 11:02 PM
    Just found this site. Like it and this discussion board. Anyway, enough warbling, time for something more direct: Each of us can list off a stream of credible, quality albums we have grown to love and can do so without any sense of embarrassment. However, everybody has a few albums we would never publicly admit to liking, some works that we know are real turkeys but, for some perplexing reason, we continue to enjoy sneaking a secret listen to. I think it's time we come clean on such closet passions in the semi-anonymity of a web discussion board like this. So allow me to kick it off, I have soft spots for the following utterly uncool, but strangely lovable albums: -> Deacon Blue's debut album 'Raintown' -> George Michael 'Listen Without Prejudice Vol I' -> Simple Minds 'Once upon a time' Over to youse now. mr. tobble
    baba

--
    3/18/2002 1:34 AM
    Some people (critics especially) might think i should be embarassed about it but i'm proud to say that i adore both REM's Monster and Pearl Jam's No Code. Two very underrated albums! It's not a tumor
    dereko

--
    3/19/2002 11:25 AM
    mr. tobble i'd have to agree with you on 'raintown' a classic album. also in my personal list of albums not to be admitted to liking publicly would be 'steve mcqueen' and 'jordan the comeback' from prefab sprout and lloyd cole and the commotions 'rattlesnakes'. i suppose it's an age thing.
    Moses

--
    3/19/2002 12:02 PM
    Aha - Hunting high and low. I know, I need help.
    markyedison

--
    3/19/2002 11:26 PM
    Great idea for a thread, my friend. This seems like the perfect oppurtunity to get something off my chest. Somtimes, when no one else is around, I sneak into my parent's record collection and take out Meatloaf's 'Bat out of hell' and pretend I'm riding down the highway on a Harley. What a weight off my chest. It feels good to come out of the musical closet. I think I'm going to cry now so I'll sign off... Please, Mr. Edison, won't you invent a machine to stop these monsters?
    eoghan
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    3/20/2002 9:05 PM
    Tobble, you are an awful man. Cuz I am going to regret this. Big time. So against all better judgement I come clean with a secret liking for - gulp - Bryan Adams 'Reckless'. And if that wasn't bad enough I have to admit a bit of a soft spot for (jaysus, I can't believe I'm going public with this) Neil Diamond's 1976, er, classic album 'Beautiful Noise' (which might have a modicum of cool in that it was produiced by Robbie Robertson (yeah, I'm really clutching at straws as I try and dig myself out of this one)). Next please. eoghan
    Noel

--
    3/21/2002 8:06 PM
    I like: Cyndi Lauper Paul Young Bananarama Fine Young Canibals AHA Deacon Blue ABC ABBA Laura Brannigan I think I sould stop before I incriminate myself Noel
    yamo

--
    3/21/2002 11:31 PM
    gotta be motley crues greatest hits. or possibly jethro tull. in fact....quite a lot of cheesy 80s metal. beautiful.
    yamo

--
    3/21/2002 11:34 PM
    gotta be motley crues greatest hits. or possibly jethro tull. in fact....quite a lot of cheesy 80s metal. beautiful.
    Karcius

--
    3/26/2002 1:23 PM
    ah geez.....oh well - I am going to up the stakes on all of you - what about MUSICALS!!!! Yes, and I am guilty here - with 'Hair' (hey, groovy sixties psychedelic rock, man...)and, er, 'Jesus Christ Superstar' (hey, groovy sixties....oh, forget it.....) Right I am off now to ceremoniously burn my tickets to see the White Stripes.....
    Brautigan

--
    3/29/2002 3:14 PM
    Wishbone Ash - Argus It's got twin guitars... er...
    dowtcha

--
    4/9/2002 4:41 AM
    just found a Paul Young album with a so-bad-it's-good cover of Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart".
    Q2
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    4/16/2002 12:23 PM
    Hmmmmmmm, Robbie Williams first one, what's it called....the one with "Old Before I Die" and all that.....Life Thru a Lens. (You'd think I'd learn, but I made the drastic mistake of buying the 2nd one as well)....hmmm, what else...Bryan Adams "Reckless". A Dustin The Turkey CD.......erm.....I'm going to go now.......
    baba

--
    4/16/2002 2:34 PM
    ACE OF BASE - HAPPY NATION....It's true!! Don't hate me... It's not a tumor
    You are not authorized to post a reply.