Since launch of this forum users have identified some issues, all of which I have looked into. The following is list of improvements made so far to address the issues:
- A new 'editor box' for adding new replies / topics has been installed. The old editor box had loads of options for formatting posts but this sophisticted editor caused compatibility issues with some browsers so I have introduced a very simple box. The good news is that this should eliminate stability issues some users (especially Mac users) were experiencing. The downside of this is that there are no 'formatting' buttons (although it does recognise HTML code). I see this as an interim solution. But do remember that Bold, Italic, Underline and Quote formatting options are available via the 'Quick Reply' box at the end of an existing topic.
- The ability to edit any posts you have made is now active for all users. If you are logged in there will now be an 'edit' button by any postings you have made, just click on it and edit away to your heart's content.
- The 'Remember Password' option, if ticked when logging in, will now 'remember' your password for 48 hours (previously it was 60 minutes). This will reduce significantly the number of times a typical user is asked to log in. I may increase this time even further in the future, depending on feedback.
- The list of topics in any forum (as well as on the 'active topics' page) is now easier to read as the 'grid' of topics has a visible light blue border (there was no border up to now).
- The forum 'navigation bar' (links to 'forums', 'search', 'active topics', etc) is easier to read (black vertical line between each link, like it was on the old board)
I will be introducing more features in the coming days that will address:
- further improvements to the user interface
- the speed of the board's performance>
- the top 5 most active topics will be added to the CLUAS home page (as before) so that getting directly to topics will be easier
- the time indicated for each post/topic (currently it is not GMT).
In the meantime get back to posting.
Cheers for the patience with this new discussion board.