The CLUAS Writers
Their top 40 albums of 2009
The top 40 below is based on a poll of the CLUAS Writers that took place during November to early December 2009. Writers could vote for up to 10 albums. A total of 23 writers voted for an average of 9 albums each. All albums in the final top 40 below received votes from at least two writers. For more info on the poll check out the story behind the 2009 CLUAS Writers poll.
The Top 40 Albums of 2009
As voted by the CLUAS Writers...
- The Antlers 'Hospice' (CLUAS review)
- Grizzly Bear 'Veckatimest' (review of Grizzly Bear live in France in 2009)
- Fever Ray 'Fever Ray'
- Animal Collective 'Merriweather Post Pavillion'
- Prefab Sprout 'Let's Change The World With Music' (CLUAS review)
- St. Vincent 'Actor' (review of St. Vincent live in France in 2009)
- Soulsavers 'Broken'
- The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart 'The Pains of Being Pure At Heart' (CLUAS interview with The Pains....)
- Manic Street Preachers 'Journal For Plague Lovers' (CLUAS review)
- Various Artists 'Dark Was The Night'
- Yo La Tengo 'Popular Songs'
- Jonsi and Alex 'Riceboy Sleeps'
- White Denim 'Fits' (CLUAS interview with White Denim)
- Morrissey 'Years of Refusal' (Review of Morrissey live in Galway in 2009)
- Moderat 'Moderat'
- Handsome Furs 'Face Control'
- Dark Room Notes 'We Love you Dark Matter' (CLUAS review)
- Camera Obscura 'My Maudlin Career'
- Richard Hawley 'Truelove's Gutter'
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs 'It's Blitz'
- The XX 'The XX' (CLUAS review)
- Ian Brown 'My Way'
- Lily Allen 'It's Not Me, It's You'
- The Duckworth Lewis Method 'The Duckworth Lewis Method'
- Adrian Crowley 'Season of the Sparks'
- Mos Def 'The Ecstatic'
- Florence & the Machine 'Lungs' (CLUAS review)
- Bill Callahan 'Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle'
- White Lies 'To Lose My Life' (CLUAS review)
- Girls 'Album'
- Kasabian 'West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum'
- Wilco 'Wilco'
- Doves 'Kingdom of Rust'
- The Editors 'In This Light and On The Evening'
- U2 'No Line on the Horizon' (Review of U2 live in Dublin in 2009)
- Biffy Clyro 'Only Revolutions' (CLUAS review)
- Passion Pit 'Manners'
- Valerie Francis 'Slow Dynamo'
- La Roux 'La Roux' (CLUAS review)
- Mark Eitzel 'Klamath'
The above top 40 is based on votes cast by the following 23 CLUAS writers:
Aidan Curran, Aideen O'Flaherty, Anna Murray, Anthony Morrissey, Claire Kane, Dan Foley, Dean Nguyen, Elaine Peppard, Eoghan O'Neill, Garret Cleland, Ian Wright, Jan Ni Fhlanagain, Ken Fallon, Kevin Coleman, Michael O'Hara, Mick Lynch, Mossy, Padraic Grant, Peter Teehan, Philip McDonald, Sig Doherty, Stephen McNulty and Steven O'Rourke.