The CLUAS Writers
Their top albums of 2010
The top 32(!) below is based on a poll of the CLUAS Writers that took place during late November and December 2010. Writers could vote for up to 10 albums. A total of 18 writers voted, each voting for an average of 9 albums. All albums in the final top 32 below received votes from at least two writers.
The Top 32 Albums of 2010
As voted by the CLUAS Writers...
- Arcade Fire 'The Suburbs'
- The National 'High Velvet'
- Villagers 'Becoming Jackal'
- Joanna Newsom 'Have One on Me'
- Vampire Weekend 'Contra'
- Sufjan Stevens 'The Age of Adz'
- Two Door Cinema Club 'Tourist History'
- Four Tet 'There is Love in You'
- Kings of Leon 'Come around Sundown'
- Gorrilaz 'Plastic Beach'
- Jonsi 'Go'
- LCD Soundsystem 'This is Happening'
- Black Keys 'Brothers'
- Kanye West 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy'
- Deerhunter 'Halcyon Digest'
- Janelle Monae 'The Archandroid'
- Massive Attack 'Heligoland'
- Tame Impala 'Innerspeaking'
- Beach House 'Teen Dream'
- Marina and the Diamonds 'The Family Jewels'
- Ólöf Arnalds 'Innundir Skinni'
- Laura Marling 'I Speak Because I Can'
- John Grant 'Queen of Denmark'
- She & Him 'Vol 2'
- Imelda May 'Mayhem'
- The Coral 'Butterfly House'
- Band of Horses 'Infinite Arms'
- Frightened Rabbit 'The Winter of Mixed Drinks'
- Broken Bells 'Broken Bells'
- Spoon 'Transference'
- Deadmau5 '4x4=12'
- Eels 'End Times'
The above top 32 is based on votes cast by the following 18 CLUAS writers:
Aidan Curran, Claire Kane, Dean Van Nguyen, Elaine Peppard, Eoghan O'Neill,
Greg Synott, John Ryan, Katie Murphy, Kevin Boyle, Mick Lynch, Mossy Egan, Pádraic
Grant, Patrick Gormley, Phil Gill, Philip McDonald, Stephen McNulty, Steven
O'Rourke and Yvonne Moore