The CLUAS Annual Readers' Poll 2002
The Results of the Vote
It was a frantic weekend of counting of this year's votes but - finally - we can present the results of the 2002 CLUAS.com Annual Readers' Poll. The top 5 in each of the 7 categories are presented below. Thanks to all who voted, there was in fact more votes cast than last year (even if there were again some chancers who tried to vote multiple times, but - no fear - the ever vigilant CLUAS electorate panel caught 'em all). So - if someone out there could just cue a drumroll - here do be the results from the CLUAS voting constituency for the year that was 2002...
Most Outstanding Performance in the studio (non-debut)
Mundy '24 Star Hotel'
2) Jimmy Cake 'Dublin Gone, Everybody Dead'
3) Doves 'The Last Broadcast'
4) Coldplay 'A rush of blood to the head'
5) Sigur Ros '()' (joint 5th)
5) Redneck Manifesto 'Cut your heart off from your head' (joint 5th)
Most Outstanding Performance in the studio (debut)
Damien Rice 'O'
2) Mic Christopher 'Skylarkin'
3) Gemma Hayes 'Night on my side'
4) The Streets ' Original Pirate Material'
5) The Tycho Brae 'This is' (joint 5th)
5) Connect Four Orchestra 'Chisel from the Hip' (joint 5th)
Most Outstanding Female Artist
2) Nina Hynes
3) Lisa Hannigan
4) Maria Doyle Kennedy
5) Sinead O'Connor
Most Outstanding Male Artist
2) Mic Christopher
4) David Kitt
5) Glen Hansard / David Gray (joint 5th)
Most Outstanding Irish Band
2) The Walls
5) Redneck Manifesto
Most Outstanding New Act on Irish Scene
2) The Chalets
4) Stoat / Babelfish (joint 4th)
5) The Tycho Brahe
Most Outstanding Performance on the Stage
2) Damien Rice
3) The Walls
4) All artists at the 'Skylarkin' launch concert (Vicar Street Nov 29th 2002)